XXI

Zayn's hand finds a way to mine, no sooner has I exited the examination room. My eyes peak into his, and my heart swells up with love when I recognize the trust in me they hold.

                    "There's a fifty percent chance that it will come out negative." I say, absentmindedly, my tone getting sad.

                 "I don't care," he pecks my lips "You are here. That's all that matters."

         "And I will be there till the end." I say "No matter what."

                                           Zayn smiles at that, and closes his eyes, as he gets himself settled on my shoulder.

      Moments tick by, the evening turns dusky. We all are tired, but I can't bring myself to close my eyes, the terror of loosing him; the terror of the world loosing a wonderful person like him, is too much to bear.

            At last, after what seemed like hours, the doctors come out, and as he readies himself to speak, I find myself nearing tears.

            I am his last hope.

            "Positive."

[ A/N :
       I can hear your screams of excitement from miles apart, lol.
    I know it's been a long time and some of you may be mad at me, but, just listen, I can't tell you why I am not coming online as frequently as before but—I am sorry— it will continue like this. I will try to update sooner though.
               Also, fun fact : I had previously planned that even Harry won't match to Zayn, but then I thought it would be better not to unnecessarily drag the story. There's nothing scarier than a hundred of readers ready to throw shoes at you, lol.
                Please vote and comment if you liked the chapter.
         Love ya!
         ~ S ]