Chapter 9 : Escape....Plan?

His eyes were blood red and ready to kill on sight. I felt it in my soul that I shouldn't have talked back to him. He leans over my shoulder to put his mouth close to my ear so that I heard him clearly.

"You are here for a reason, Jade. Every vampire you see in this room has been in your shoes before. They were victims in my charade and so are you. In order to escape my game, you'll have to escape this house. A few have done it in the past but you can probably assume it doesn't happen often. You have a month. It starts now." He declared straightening back up and sits back in his seat with a playful grin plastered on his face.

"So you're telling me that I can escape this place? It's possible?" I ask for reassurance of my freedom. He nods and I sit in my chair completely overwhelmed and relieved at the same time. I could go home, I could stay alive, I could see Ryan again, I could see my mom again.

A snap pulls me out of my thoughts as Sebastian's middle finger slaps against his palm. Fluttering my eyelashes to regain focus, I look at Sebastian with full attention. "Focus Jade, there's more," He starts before hesitating for a couple seconds,"You know what? No, I'm not going to tell you the rest. You'll just have to figure it out." He grins and flashed his pearly-whites before turning back to the table. The vampires that were watching turned in their seats as well and continued to feed on their servants.

My bowels did flips as I watched absentmindedly. Trying to figure out what exactly he meant by his words, which was excruciatingly tiresome and frustrating. There was more and in order to survive and I needed to know.

Dinner had concluded and I was sent back to my room with a slightly empty stomach. Most of it was my own fault because I didn't have much of an appetite to begin with and the other part was because of how much blood was spilt tonight and I lost whatever appetite I had left.

Flopping onto the bed like a sack of potatoes, I grumble my frustration into the pillow. I can live without that information right? I don't "need" it. I can find my way out of this place on my own. I have enough potential and intelligence to navigate through this hell hole. No vampire can stop me now.

"Jade. You are summoned to the masters office."

Except for him.

Pushing myself off of the bed and hobbling to the door, Martha opened it slowly and gave me a cheerful smile. I plaster a fake one and shine it at her before I walk past her to make my way to the office.  Checking the hallways and mapping a route for my escape was harder than I had imagined. There had to be at least one vampire per 15 meters in every winding hallway and corridor. Escape route where could you be? And why was he calling me again when I just saw him 10 minutes ago?

Martha escorts me back to Sebastian's office and knocks before being allowed in by the man in charge. I step in observing the room before having my gaze land on him while he sits in his chair scribbling on papers. He looks up at me and gives me that devilish smirk again that has been clarified annoying in my book right about now.

"Have any clue how to escape the house yet hm?" He asks and bewilderment floods my mind. Was that all he wanted to ask me? How I was going to escape? How dense is this guy?

"No I don't have a single clue where to start." I blurt unenthusiastically. If he took me away from my beauty sleep for this I was gonna sock him. But with that I would be dead in a millisecond and I don't want that, oh hell no.

"Well that's a shame. I won't penalize you for roaming the house. What's mine is yours for the time being but my room and my office are off limits unless I call you to come in."

Ooooo off limits you say? We'll see about that punk.

"What did you really call me here for Sebastian?"

His smirk dropped to an unapproved scowl and I knew I should have said it differently but I didn't care. I wanted to sleep. "Well then, Jade, I'm not a complete monster. I have standards. And all my guests are treated how they should be treated-"

"You mean like their food? Prove that their lower than you? Have them grovel at your feet because of your irresistible looks and cunning charm? How exactly do you treat your guests Sebastian? Or should I say Master because all of your servants obey your every command like a lost puppy." I seethe with hatred for the man sitting in front of me, his eyes turning a darker shade of red with each statement that left my plump and trembling lips.

How I managed to say all of that to his face made me feel like a god but after that look he gave back to me made my self confidence fall once more.

"You're on thin ice Jade. I recommend holding your tongue. I clothed you, fed you, gave you one of the nicest rooms in this mansion and this is how you treat me? If being a slave or a blood bag is what you crave to be treated then Martha would you so kindly lead Jade to the cellar?"

Oh no I did it this time. Fuck.