Chapter 6 : Answers

We pull up to the side of the house with a rapid fault that sends my body bolting forward just barely missing the headrest in front of me. Sebastian gets out of the car and walks to my door, opening it for me. I quickly step out of the car before he grabs my wrist and pulls me into the house without a word.

The massive doors open before us then close the moment we were clear from the entrance. His grip around my wrist was hurting me and I wanted him to let go but from the look on his face, he wasn't going to let go any time soon.

"Stay here," He demands to leave me in the middle of the foyer. I didn't want to make him even more irritated so I stayed where I was, completely motionless.

The mansion was absolutely gorgeous as I looked around. A color scheme of black and white with auburn-wood accents. The split staircase to the second floor directs to the left and right of the house, assigning different wings. I stood there in awe of the luxury of the house.

Small creeks and cracks sounded as if the house was breathing. The sun was barely slipping through windows at this point in time. And the lights slowly turn on to make up for the darkness creeping in. Something about this place was soothing and nerve-racking at the same time but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

Footsteps echoed through the foyer when I look up to see Sebastian making his way back down to me. I never had a good look at him till now and may the gods have mercy on my soul. He stood based on my opinion of height comparison, at least 6' with dark brown locks and dark brown eyes from afar but I knew they looked different up close.

"What's your name?" He asked once his foot landed on the wood floor of the foyer. I would have thought my kidnapper would know my name but apparently, that's for planned kidnappings. "My name's Jade Williams," I speak up to him while he continues his path toward me. He stands overpowering my small child-like height trying not to look him in the eyes and make myself blush more than I already was.

He circles me, observing my body from what it seemed. At that moment I felt extremely exposed as if his gaze pierced straight through my clothes that was protecting my dignity. He spoke under his breath but I couldn't hear what he said during his observation. He took my hand and lifted it to his mouth taking in a sharp breath before dropping it and looking at me. He steps back and puts his body weight on one leg crossing his arms over his chest.

"Well ask the rest of the questions you had in that pretty little head of yours." He states and I stand uncomfortable for being called out like that. "Well, what am I doing here other than to avoid your brother. Why does your brother want me? Who are you exactly? What's your plan for me?" I ask and the amusement on his face grows immensely with each question. A low chuckle resonates through the foyer as he finds my questions amusing.

"What's so funny?" I ask completely dumbfounded as to why he laughed at me. He looks me dead in the eyes with a grin and steps closer to me, his chest almost brushing against mine while he stared down at me. "Funny? It's amusing that you're so naive, Jade." He admits before taking one step back. "What you're in for is a real treat." He comments and something seemed different about him.

Something was definitely different. Different style hair was more ruffled up this time, white undershirt instead of the gray from before but from the light change, it was hard to notice until I had a better look. Was this the same person that picked me up before? Or did he change and I'm just being paranoid?

The glint in his eyes was dangerous and I couldn't help but take a step away from him. "Figure it out yet sweetheart?" He teased taking a step forward to close the gap between us. A flash of terror crossed my face as the realization hit me. There was no other brother. This was a sick bastard that was trying to trick me into believing he was going to protect me. He changed to show the bad boy personality he was hiding. He was toying with me.

I took a few more steps away from him and he quickly reclaimed the distance with his long strides. He chuckles again grabbing my wrists inside his massive hands, trapping me in his grip. "You're not going anywhere." He threatens, tightening his hold on me just ever so slightly resulting in getting a gasp of pain from me. Tears well up in my eyes as he bores his eyes into my skull. I keep my eyes closed tight to not look at him and succumb to his tricks.

I struggle in his grasp and found an opportunity to escape. I twist my wrists and pull down to snap out of his hold and bolt for the door which I soon found was locked and decided to run deeper into the mansion. Passing doors upon the thousands, hallways that curved and twisted around the mansion like a maze. I found an open door and throw myself into the room, closing the door behind me and lean against the door with all my weight.
I need to get out of here.

I lock the door and search the room to see if there was anything I could prop up against it to barricade it. I find a dresser and push with all my might, managing to close off the door from opening. I quickly scan the room more to see if there was more but what I saw was not what I was expecting.