A dance to get ready for

Cassie's Pov

   It's been two weeks since I came to Mystic Falls I still haven't met this Elena Gilbert everyone was buzzing about. 

   I was right now sitting in my History where somehow Caroline started starting about the decade's dance which I didn't think was sounding very cool I mean I liked the idea of the seventies but I don't want to dress up like them and I think everyone agreed with me because they all groaned.

   "Does anyone maybe have an idea for the dance?" the teacher asked and nobody raised the hand I could see from the corner of my eyes as I wrote in my notebook "Cassie what about you you're awfully quiet in your seat?" he asked and I looked up quickly covering my notebook under my book.

   I watched as everyone stared at me and I didn't like the attention so I thought of the first thing in my head and that wasn't such a bad idea "Maybe we could do like almost a red carpet type everyone goes full out with their clothes like girls wearing really sparled dresses maybe even the guys if they want, and we could make it look really expensive like crazy cool clothes you wouldn't usually wear." I explained and some kids liked that idea." I like it Caroline do you think you could organize that you'd be doing us a huge favor?"

   I looked over at Caroline who looked a bit upset but when she heard she got to organize it she smiled like crazy and agreed and everyone cheered at that idea attracting more attention to me.

   After school I was left walking back home because everytime I texted Damon on my IPhone he didn't reply so why not walk it wouldn't kill me besides I'm not overdressed for a nice walk. 

   I took a short cut well a short cut to me I found through the woods and it worked I got to the boarding house faster than I suspected so i knew what route I'd be using from now on.

   I got inside and automatically started my homework wanting to get it down so I could do whatever I want for the rest of the day which was probably find clothes for the dance.

   Before I started picking out my clothes from my closet which I think would work Damon stepped into the room "Hey you got home a bit late what happened?" he asked and I sighed "Someone forgot to pick me up." I said and then it clicked to him that he was supposted to pick me up from school. "I'm so sorry I promise it won't happen again." I stopped him from continuing my picking my hand up "It's fine I found a short cut through the woods anyways so don't worry about it." I said and noticed his face drop but I didn't know why.