A New Family

Ten Years Later

   Damon's Pov

  I could still remember the day I witnissed the killing Henthswood a town not too far away from Mystic Falls where that poor little girl lost her mom. I wanted to change that girl's life so bad and I was.

   "Damon I still can't believe you're going to take that girl in from the orphanage during this time with Klaus and all the other Originals but Finn alive ready to kill." Elena disapproved my idea of helping that girl and to let her live somewhere but not as family but as a friend something just told me I had to. "Well Elena if you lost your only family when you were seven I bet you would want a home besides I'll be able to help someone like you always wanted me to." she gave me a disapproving look before leaving the house with a slam on the front door.

   I left the front door of the boarding house and left in the direction of Barbie's house since she was going to have to help me. Luckily Barbie opened not her annoying mom of a sheriff "What do you want Damon?" she asked annoyingly before I pulled out a couple credit cards from my wallet "See I'm helping this girl and I need you to go order some furniture for her room but if she finds out you're in trouble." I said "What girl?" 

    "You'll know you've never met her before."

   And with that sentence I left her with my credit cards and started in the direction of Henthswood Orphanage.

    I was ready to enter the orphanage until I noticed someone sitting on the roof and I noticed it because of the scent of human blood. I saw long curly blonde hair, a black and white jacket, lacey high heels, and white skinny jeans plus I noticed this because they were walking around.

   I entered the orphanage to see a bunch of little kids running around, teenagers watching TV, and a woman with red hair taking care some of the kids. "Oh my apologizes I'm Mrs. Baker how may I help you?" the woman asked "I was looking for a blonde girl who's been here a really long time maybe ten years." I knew she knew I was up to something but compulsion would help. "Right this way."

   We entered a dark room like all the other rooms to see the same blonde hair I saw on the roof but this time they seemed much sadder than how they looked on the roof "This is Cassie DiLaurentis she's been here for over ten years poor thing can't get over the lose of her mother." Mrs. Baker whispered to me. "Cassie this man would like to speak with you I'll give you two some privacy." and with that Baker left and I watched as the girl stared at a silver vintage hand mirror with an angel design on the back.

   I went to sit by her as tears streamed down her face onto the morror making the image blurly, and when she looked at me I saw electric blue eyes that were amazing. "Are you here to take me as your daughter?" she asked while he voice cracked a bit "Not exactly a daughter you see I have a younger brother exactly your age and his girlfriend lost her parents and her family and I decided to make another kid happy by taking them in like a friend." I explained.

   After using a little compulsion on the lady without the girl knowing I was able to take her to Mystic Falls. I turned around to see her saying her goodbyes to everyone as she hugged the little kids and a guy her age with sandy blonde hair. She walked back over to me with one suitcases and a blue backpack before she started out the door without a word to me.

   As I drove in the car I noticed the hot pink streaks in her hair that I don't know why I didn't notice them before.

    "So Cassie tell me about yourself."

   I was trying to break the silence between us I mean if she was going to live with my brother and me I should know about her. "I'm tought to figure out besides where do you live?" she asked gazing out of the window "Mystic Falls a town at least twenty minutes away from here but don't worry we'll make it there faster." I said with a smirk "What do you mean?" she turned to me with a confused look before I slammed on the gas making the car go extremely fast.

   She started to scream a bit as she gripped onto the handel and I noticed a couple areas on her hand that looked like she had splinters in but if she walks on roofs what should I expect.