Chapter Five: Threats

Harry woke to the sound of a knock at the door. At first, it seemed normal. That is, until Harry realized it was 2:40 in the morning. He looked to his left, where Draco still slept. He shook Draco awake and pointed silently at the door. Attempting to look presentable, Draco stood and walked towards the door. 

            "For you, Mister Malfoy." A deep voice came from the other side of the door, just out of Harry's point of view. "Mister Potter has one as well. Am I right to assume that you're both in here together?" Draco nodded silently, taking another envelope from the figure. After a few more seconds, he shut the door and walked over to Harry.

              "We've been sent letters." He whispered, his face a ghostly white. Harry gave him a pointed look and took the envelope from Draco's hand. He carefully opened it, watching Draco's facial expression as he did.

Mr. Potter,

I believe you have a secret worth sharing.

Either you share it with the class, or we're going to have a problem.

You have 24 hours to tell him your secret. 

Clocks ticking, Harry.

Voldemort

                 "Does yours say the same?" Harry asked. Draco sighed, finally opening his. They scanned the letters for differences in handwriting. Once they were satisfied with the analysis, they both looked to each other. "What happens after twenty-four hours?" 

                  "Do you honestly want to find out?" Draco looked at Harry, finally noticing that Harry seemed just as pale now. 

                   "No, not really." Harry's voice started to shake. "What secret is he referring to?"

                    "If I knew, don't you think I would've told you by now? He's like that one chick from Pretty Little Liars. He knows EVERYTHING, Harry. He knows all of our secrets, some of which we don't even know yet." Harry could hear the fear in Draco's voice.

                     "We have twenty-three hours and thirty-one minutes, Draco." 

                      "I'm aware. We should separate for the night and reconvene tomorrow night and confess whatever it is we need to confess."

                    "I guess." Harry didn't want to leave. He wanted to stay by Draco's side, and he could tell Draco didn't want him to leave either. But he knew it was the right thing to do. 

                  So, scared and lonely, the pair separated for the night. Texting their sweet goodbyes before falling asleep in their separate dorms. Both knew what secret they needed to confess, but neither were prepared to do so.

_____________________________________________

I have returned!

This is just a preface/filler for the important chapter coming up soon! Chapter Six: Confess should be up somewhere between 5/30 and 6/2. 

Sorry for the short chapter, but as previously stated I've had a lot going on.

All my love,

A