Ark 1 - Life is full of more questions than answers

Start from the beginning

Shu Ning was still talking with his big brother but the female lead couldn't stand being ignored anymore. The girl just made her presence known and you could clearly feel the temperature in the room drop by a few degrees. 

The boy looked to Fan Li in amazement. It is a talent in itself to be able to make someone dissatisfied with you with just one word. Shu Ning couldn't find any fault with the Female Lead as of yet but her presence alone seemed to be enough to get his big brother into a bad mood.

Shu Ning: "Hey now. It's the female lead you are glaring at, you know?"

System: "Your brother seems to dislike her."

Shu Ning: "I can see that. But why? The poor girl wasn't even able to do anything wrong yet."

Fan Li's smile stiffened on her face but she caught herself quite well. At least she didn't tremble in fear from Sheng Su's narrowed eyes but continued to state her business. 

Shu Ning's eyebrows drew together in confusion. Sheng Rui left the country a few days ago but the girl still somehow got his approval to work at the Company. But no matter how strange it sounded in his ears, the girl had his father's signature and it was definitely not counterfeit because it would be too easy to check the truthfulness of the mater.

After thinking about it a bit longer Shu Ning just dropped the matter again. His goal was only to make the male lead get a bad Impression on the female lead and not stop her from getting involved with him, so he was to lazy to question every little one of her actions. 

That's why Shu Ning encouraged the girl to talk with Sheng Su in the first place. More than that he didn't even need to do because his big brother seemed to be in a very bad mood. After accepting the piece of paper the Female Lead got frightened so hard that she fled the scene. In Shu Ning's opinion it could be described as mission accomplished even though it was a bit strange for the male lead to act this harsh towards the female lead. This isn't how it is supposed to be but Shu Ning really couldn't complain. After all, this made his job all the more easier.

--------------------

Because Sheng Su's room had a warmer atmosphere and the bed was softer than Meng Yi's, Shu Ning directly went to his brothers sleeping quarters and made himself comfortable there. It shouldn't matter to his big brother if he spend his time here, right?

Shu Ning found himself a nice spot on the bouncy bed and pulled out his cellphone to connect to the internet. To be able to finish the mission he needed more information about the Male and Female Lead, so that he wouldn't be so confused about their strange behavior anymore.

After collecting all the articles and pictures about the Fan and Sheng family, Shu Ning took his time to read everything very careful but the internet didn't show any useful information. From what Shu Ning could deduct from the articles and websites was, that the two familys didn't have any involvement with each other at all. 

After spending such a long time in vain Shu Ning finally gave up. It seems he wouldn't get anywhere if he just relied on the internet alone.

Shu Ning: "Alpha. I'm so done. Those articles were so boring but I still had to read them carefully and in the end I could have just left it be(;≧皿≦) ."

System: "You are doing great. Don't give up."

Shu Ning: "Who said that I was giving up? As a System you should be able to hack, shouldn't you?"

System: "Yes?"

Shu Ning: "Good. Hack into Fan Li's cell phone for me. Tell me if there is an incoming call and send me her chat history."

System: "I'm now connected with her phone. The Female Lead only called her mother since she left the Sheng Company. There wasn't any other contact."

Shu Ning: "I want to know what they talked about. Give me the footage of the security system of the Fan villa from that time."

After a beeping sound, the noise around Shu Ning grew to a sudden stop. It was a strange experience, to be caught in a world without any sound at all. But before Shu Ning could freak out and yell at the System because of the scare, the voice of a middle aged woman entered his ears.

Fan mother: "Did you meet with Sheng Su?"

.......

Fan mother: "Good job. After starting your work tomorrow you have to find opportunities to get closer to him."

........

Fan mother: "It doesn't matter. Make a good impression on Sheng Su. That's all that counts."

.........

Fan mother: "We already talked about that. Just listen to your mother. It is important that he likes you. Didn't you say, that you wanted to be his wife?"

..........

Fan mother: "Be obedient and do what I say and your future with him will be set."

.......

Fan mother: "What? Who are you talking about? Sheng Su isn't close to anyone. Not even his own mother. You must have been mistaken."

.......

Fan mother: "Young boy? What was his Name?"

........

Fan mother: "Meng Yi? Isn't that the illegitimate child of Sheng Rui? That woman didn't mention this at all? Well it doesn't matter. Keep to the plan and that child won't intervene. If he does, then she can take care of it."

The conversation between the two woman ended and the noise in the bed room returned again. Shu Ning was sitting on the bed in complete silence and deep in thought.

The conversation didn't really answer any of Shu Ning's questions but at least he got some information out of it.

1. Fan Li didn't have any knowledge about anything

2. Fan mother talked about another woman that seemed to be involved

3. It was right to expect that the Female Lead had a specific reason to get closer to Sheng Su.

Shu Ning still couldn't understand though why Fan mother wanted Fan Li and Sheng Su to get engaged. His big brother might be handsome and rich but the Fan family wasn't that poor of that they needed to rely on another family's young master for support. 

Thinking about all of the questions that occurred gave Shu Ning a headache. Without starting from the start, he wouldn't get anywhere and the beginning was from Fan Li's and Sheng Su's childhood. From the information he already had, those two lived in the same neighborhood in the past before they had to separate ways.

Shu Ning grabbed his phone again and typed the address into a map app. From this villa it was only a distance of one hour by car, so he could make it back before it's too late.

Shu Ning: "I will go and take a look then. It's not too far so I should be allowed to go there alone."

Shu Ning checked the calendar on his phone for a suitable time and marked a date a week to go. He wanted to leave earlier but Meng Yi's thirteenth birthday was coming up in three days, so he chose to wait until afterwards. If Sheng Su wouldn't give him permission to travel alone, then he could just sell meng on his birthday and his brother wouldn't be able to reject him anymore. At least that much Shu Ning could be certain of. With that thought, he didn't delve on the matter anymore and patiently waited for his birthday to finally arrive.