Chapter 7

We made it back to the dorm room and I went straight to my bed laying face down in my pillow. Aubrey sighed and sat next to me.

"Please tell me what happened," Aubrey said touching my shoulder.

I shook my head and held the pillow tighter.

"Please, Madison," Audrey said turning my head to face her, "You don't have to tell me, but I just want to help."

I stared at her. Her purple hair was tied into a messy bun. She stared at me with a pity in her eyes, I don't want her to pity me.

"Everything was going great, but once we got to the restaurant, he got a text and it went downhill from there. Those people were right"

As soon as I started talking my eyes filled with tears. I turned my face back into my pillow.

"What people?" Aubrey asked.

"The couple that I was sitting next to me in the waiting room. They told me that Chris was cheating on me, I didn't believe them. I should have believed them." I cried into the pillow.

Aubrey sighed "How did you find out?"

I sat up and looked at her blurry figure. "They told me I should see who he was texting and I did. I don't know who it was but it looks like they had been seeing each other for a while."

"What did Chris do when you found out?"

I sniffled and wiped at my eyes, "He got so mad. He started screaming at me saying I had no right to go through his phone." I stared at the floor. "And then he walked out and left me there."

Aubrey shook my arm, I looked up at her. "How did you get to the cafe?" She asked slowly.

"I walked."

"Oh, sweetie. Why didn't you call?" She asked giving me a hug.

I shrugged, "I didn't know where I was and I forgot I had my phone."

I laid back onto my bed and sighed, "When I got to cafe, I thought you might be there, but you weren't. Chris was though."

Aubrey laid next to me. "Was he with that bitch?"

"Yeah. They were making out. He even saw me and continued to make out with her."

"He is such a bastard." Aubrey looked at her phone. "You should get some sleep."

I nodded and closed my eyes. Maybe when I wake up this will have all been a dream. And everything will be alright.

—————————————————-
When I woke up, the sun was shinning through the windows onto my bed. I rolled over and realized The spot where Aubrey slept was cold. Sitting up, I looked around.

Memories of last night flashed through my mind. My eyes widened and filled with tears. It wasn't a dream.

I was still sitting in bed when Aubrey came into the room. In her hands she had bags of food and a smile on her face.

"I brought us some food. I figured you wouldn't want to go out right now," she said sitting next to me.

As Aubrey opened up the bags, I stared at her hands. Her knuckles were torn open and had a shinny fluid on it.

"Who did you punch?" I asked as she handed me a donut, nodding toward her knuckles.

"No one." She moved her hands away.

I stared at her and she sighed looking away. "Fine, it doesn't matter who I punched, but they deserved it."

After we finished eating, we laid around watching TV all day.

Once the sun had set, I sat up. "Aubrey, do you think I should talk to Chris?"

She paused from eating, "What are you hoping to get it from?"

I shrugged, "I don't know, maybe a reason."

"Maybe you should. It's up to you though."

I roll my eyes, "That's not helpful."

"I don't really know what you want me to say. If it was me, I would probably just leave it alone but I know you need a reason."

I nodded and sat there. I just want a reason. I just want to know if it was my fault. If I did something to mess everything up. But I don't think I have the courage to ask him why.
________________________________

Days past while I just sat in our dorm doing nothing. Every time I tried to do something or leave the house, I started crying. I don't want random people to pity me. That would make it worse.

The door slammed shut. I looked up. Aubrey stood in front of the closed door, with her hands on her hips.

"Alright, Madison," she said coming closer, "I have let you mope long enough."

"I'm allowed to mope."

"Yes you are, but I changed my mind." She stood right in-front of me.

"What do you mean?"

She rolled her eyes, "What I mean is that I know I said you should just leave it alone," she took a breath and quickly held her nose, "but you stink and maybe getting a reason will be good for you."

"How will it be good for me?" I asked standing up, "I've been thinking about you said and you are right, I should just leave it alone."

Aubrey shook her head. "No. I was wrong. You need to get out, ask him, and move on."

I look down at my hands. "What if I don't like what I hear?"

Aubrey sighed and grabbed my shoulders. I looked up at her. "You probably aren't going to like what you here, but you need to hear it."

I nod. I'm going to do this. I'm going to talk to Chris tomorrow. Maybe.