Chapter 3

Chris was suppose to be here any minute. I was pacing back and forth across the dorm room. Chris said he was going to take me to his favorite spot. Which I was kinda nervous about. Who knows what his favorite spot is.

My phone lit up at an incoming text. He's here. Looking down at my outfit, I double check that I'm wearing what he asked. Long sleeves, long pants, and comfortable shoes. I bet he is taking me somewhere where we have to walk a long time.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Crap, no more time to panic. I go over to the door and open. Chris was standing in front of it with a smile on his face. I stared at him. His shirt was tight across his chest, making his muscles stand out. Now that I'm over the nervousness of meeting him stage, Chris was actually pretty handsome. I can't believe I thought that he was weird and creepy.

"If you done checking me out, we can go now," He said with his eyes holding laughter.

My head jerked up, "I wasn't staring at you."

He stared at me with an raised eyebrow. A warmth spread along my cheeks as I avoided his stare.

"Sure you weren't." He grabbed my hand and we walked down the hall. "The sooner we get there, the more time we can spend there."

"Where exactly are we going?" I ask as we leave the dorms.

Chris laughed and shook his head. "You'll find out when we get there."

Before I could say another word, we were standing in front of his car. Chris opened the door for me. I smiled at him and sat down.

As he got in, he said, "Don't worry it doesn't take too long to get there."

I nodded and stared out the window. The stars are so much brighter here than they were back in Alabama. If that was the prettiest thing I saw tonight, I'd be find with that.Neither of us spoke on the way to where ever we are going. I glanced over at Chris and stared at him. The moon shinned a glow over his face.

"I can feel you staring at me," He said without looking away from the road, "I don't know if I should be taking a creepo with me."

My cheeks warmed up again, "I'm not a creepo."

He turned toward me and smiled, "So you admit to staring at me?"

"Maybe," I smile at him, "but there is no way of knowing if I was."

Chris frowned at me. "Your lucky we are already here, or I might have to turn around and not show you."

Chris got out of the car before I could say anything back to him and ran to my side to open the door for me. I smiled at him as I got out. Before we started walking, Chris opened up the back end and pulled out a black backpack. When Chris saw me eyeing the bag, he laughed and grabbed my hand.

"Don't worry, you do want to see on the way back right?" He asked still smiling.

"Of course, but won't we need it now?"

Chris shook his head, "I know the way there by heart, just not all the way back."

I nodded.

"Come on," Chris said, "You'll love this place."

He held out his hand for me to grab. We were standing by the edge of the forest. The trees stood tall and in the darkness of the night seemed to disappear into the distance. Oh, goodness, we're going to die out there. Hopefully it isn't as dangerous as it seems. It better be the most beautiful spot in the world to be worth going through at night.

I glanced at Chris, he was smiling, patiently waiting for me. I doubt he would take me somewhere that is dangerous. Closing my eyes I let out a deep breath and grabbed his hand. He let out a laugh as he helped me out of the car.