Chapter 5

I was sitting waiting for Aubrey to get to the cafe. She had texted me saying she was off but has yet to arrive. I looked around the cafe. It wasn't very busy, a small family of four with two little girls sat by the door. Their laughter could be heard from my little corner. The waitress bringing me a cup of tea, smiled as she passed them.

"Here you go dear." She said with a deep New Jersey accent, sitting the cup down. "Just holler if you need anything.

I nodded and thanked her. Picking up my phone again, I saw Aubrey's car pull into the parking lot. The bell rang as she walked in. Her purple hair was tied into a ponytail. She gave the girls a small, sad smile as she passed them.

  "How was the rest of your shift?" I asked as she sat down.

She sighed and rested her head on the table. "Slow and boring."

"Your boss didn't get mad that I was talking to you, did he?"

"Nah, he doesn't care, as long as I get the job done."

Aubrey lifted her her head as our waitress came with a cup of coffee.

"Here you go dear. You look like you need it." She said as she sat the cup down in front of Aubrey.

"Thank you Janice. You are a life saver."

Janice shook her head smiling as she walked off. Aubrey took a sip of her coffee as I drank more of my tea.

"Aubrey I have a question for you." I said messing with the handle of my cup

"Shoot."

"Have you tried talking to your parents since, you know"

She shook her head. "No, after they kicked me out, I stayed with Chris and even after the miscarriage, I figured they still wouldn't want to see me."

"Hmm." I  stared at Aubrey. Her shoulders were slumped and her head hung down. "I think you should try to speak to them."

Aubrey sat up straight and stared at me. "They kicked me out, and told me they never wanted to see me again."

"They were angry and upset."

"So."

"So, now they have had time to cool down."

"I doubt they want to see me."

I reached out and grabbed Aubrey's hand. "I bet they do. I know I would give anything to see my parents again."

Aubrey looked back down. "I'll try to talk to them again." 

"Great, now I need your help."

She looked up at me.

"Chris is taking me out tonight and I don't know what to wear."

______________________________________________________________________________

I stood in front of my closet. Why in the world was there nothing to wear? The one time I need there to be clothes in my closet, they aren't there.

It's been two months since Aubrey and I told each other our secrets. Chris has been the best boyfriend ever, and tonight he is taking me out to a fancy restaurant. Aubrey hasn't called her parents yet, but I know she is really nervous about it. She has tried every day, but always psychs her self out.

"Madison, chill." Aubrey said without looking up from her magazine.

I turn and stare at her, "What do I need to chill from? The date I have tonight with nothing to wear to?"

Rolling her eyes she sat up. "You have clothes in your closet, quit being dramatic."

"Of course I'm going to be dramatic. Chris told me to dress in the nicest thing I own," I fall back onto my bed. "None of my clothes are nice," I groan.

Sighing, Aubrey dropped her magazine. She got off her bed and went into my closet. Now who is being dramatic? Not me. I close my eyes. This date might possibly end up being the worst date in the history of dates.

"Found something." Aubrey called out.

Opening my eyes, Aubrey was standing at the edge of my bed, holding a black v-neck dress. Getting up, I grab the dress from her, and went into my closet to put it on. After I put it on, I came back out of the closet and stood in front of our mirror

"Where did you even find this dress?" I asked, twisting around looking at it.

It was perfect. How did I not see this dress earlier, I don't know, but I love it. It had a slight shimmer to it, whenever I twisted around.

Aubrey smiled from her bed, holding her magazine, "It's perfect Madison, Chris isn't going to be able to keep his eyes off of you."

I smile at myself in the mirror, "You think so?"

She nodded. The dress hugged my chest and waist before flaring our. It ended mid thigh. I went into my closet and found a pair of black pumps. As I put them on, someone knocked on the door.

I took a deep breath and looked down at my outfit before opening the door. Chris leaned against the door smiling at me. He was dressed up with a tight fitted red sweater that had a plaid long sleeve dress shirt underneath.

"Are you ready to go, Mady?" Chris asked staring at my dress.

"One second." I went to my bed and picked up my purse. Aubrey mouthed have fun as I passed her. "Where are we going?"

Chris smiled down at me. "I always take you to surprises."

Putting his hand on my back we walked to his car. Once we got there, he trapped me between the car and him. I stared up at him as my heart raced. Only the coolness of the car reminded me where we were.

"Do you know how beautiful you look tonight?" Chris whispered leaning closer to me.

I just stared at him. His lips were centimeters away from mine. His breath warmed my face the closer he got. I glanced down at his full lips, so kissable.

"Are you going to kiss me?" I ask slowly, glancing up at his eyes.

He smiled and pressed against me. "Do you want me to?"

I nodded quickly and leaned into him. He smirked and pressed his lips against mine. He deepened the kiss as he placed his hands on my hips. I ran my hands up his chest to his hair. Running my hands through his hair, his hands slowly moved up my waist. He pulled away, both of us breathing heavy.

Chris rested his forehead against mine and sighed. "If we don't stop now, we won't be making it to dinner."

I giggled and leaned up and placed a few light kisses to his neck. He groaned and tilted his head to the side.

Pressing a few more light kisses to his neck, I smiled and pulled away. "We have dinner to get to remember?"

Chris frowned, "That's torture, baby."

"I call it motivation."

____________________________________________________

I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far. Vote and comment what you think.

Emziy