Chapter 2

Walking with Aubrey, we were heading to the local park to meet with Aubrey's friend. She didn't tell me his name or what he looked like. To say I was freaking out would be an understatement, so many things could go wrong when we find him. I could trip, or I could totally forget how to speak, or I could say something super embarrassing, or I could say something wrong and anger him, or he might not like me, and if he doesn't like me, Aubrey might change her mind and not like me as well.

"Madison, stop freaking out," She said rolling her eyes, "I can practically hear your brain thinking."

"I was just thinking about all the things that could go wrong," I responded as we stopped walking.

We down on the bench behind us. Aubrey's friend is suppose to be here any minute now. Taking a deep breath, I looked around the park. There were lots of people wondering around. Today was a really beautiful day, a perfect day for being outside. Aubrey nudged my side.

Looking at her, she smiled, "He's here."

My heart started racing as a man made his way over to us. He was a tall guy with broad shoulders and dark hair. As he got closer I could see he eyes were light hazel almost to the point of being grey and had a ring of dark around the edges. Light hazel, my favorite color, this guy seemed perfect and I haven't even meet him yet.

"Chris, over here," Aubrey called out cupping her hands around her mouth.

Once he saw us, he lifted an arm and waved to us while smiling softly. Oh God, his smile was amazing. I've never meet anyone with that had a pretty smile like he had.

"Hey, sorry I'm late, there was an emergency at the hospital." He said running his fingers slowly through his thick wavy hair. My eyes caught on the motion, and I accidentally made eye contact with him. He stopped messing with his air and I saw his eyes roam up and down me.

"And who is this beauty?" He asked smiling at me, after he smiled, he looked weird.

There was something creepy about this smile, it kinda dark, like he was going do something to me. If this was a horror movie I bet he would be the killer. I'm probably overreacting, it's probably because he is someone I have never met before. I doubt he is evil, Aubrey doesn't seem like the type of girl to be friends with someone bad. I really need to learn how to meet new people.

"This is Madison, she's my new roommate." Aubrey said pushing me forward slightly.

"Well, Madison, my name is Chris," He said holding a hand out.

"Nice to meet you Chris," I said reaching out to shake his hand. His hand was warm and slightly soft, but still rough. Looking down, my hand was completely covered by his hand.

"So you work at a hospital?" I ask. Now that just seems stupid, he just said he came from a hospital.

Smiling he nodded his head, "Yup, I've been interning there for two years now."

"Sorry to leave this meeting a little early, but I need to get back and talk to...one of...my professors. You guys can stay and I'll see if I can meet you for lunch." Aubrey said slowly backing away. After we both said okay, she quickly turned around and speed away.

"That was weird." I said laughing.

Chris shook his head smiling, "Aubrey has always been a bit strange."

Grabbing my hand Chris lead me back over to the bench I was just sitting at before sitting down. I sat down next to him, just staring across the park. Neither one of us said anything. I had no idea what to say to a guy I just met.

"So," Chris dragged out.

I turned to look at him, "Hmm?"

"How long have you been in Bradheart?" He said after clearing his throat.