This... is a mind control ability of the Sharingan... but that means...

You watched your feet lead you to the Uchiha shrine, the one you recognized held the same meetings you inquired about with Obito mere hours before. The figure bound your wrists and tossed you against the wooden wall, immediately snapping you out of the genjutsu from the harsh stinging in your back from the impact. You let out a labored gasp, taking control of your breathing again while you glanced up at the man with a pleading look on your face.

"Now don't give me that look. You'll be the source of my loss of sleep tonight if you keep that up," he said neutrally, his piercing red eyes were the only things you could see from the shadows.

Wait... I know that voice...!

"You... you're that guy..."

Ominous, crimson eyes continued to scrutinize you in the darkness.

"The Uchiha... who told me about the mission to the Land of Lightning!"

You watched the pair of eyes squint before he stepped closer to you, the flames on the wall finally illuminating his features – dark, wavy, shoulder length hair, woeful black eyes with stress lines to compliment them - it truly was the Uchiha who relayed the Hokage's orders to you that day.

"I'll offer pity and grant you the liberty to know that my name is Kusuo Uchiha. I'm inclined to assume that you are wondering why you've been brought here."

You stayed silent for a moment, your eyes narrowed fiercely in belligerent opposition for the Uchiha standing over you. You had a decent guess to why: he somehow got wind of your extraordinary knowledge on the Uchiha clan, including the plans for a coup d'état.

"I'd rather know how you found out about me," you stated coldly, and surprisingly the Uchiha understood immediately.

"A virtue that is bestowed on any good shinobi is their excellent sleuthing skills. If they want intel, they should be able to acquire it."

"When did you –"

"Your initial 'talk' with that bumbling Hokage. We know about everything you discussed with him."

We...?

"Your chat with your Uchiha boy has been recorded as well. Is that how you managed to acquire the secrets of our clan? Who would have guessed that the weakling of the clan would turn out to be a rat? We'll need to terminate him for his insubordination."

Your eyebrows instantly creased with hostility. "He has nothing to do with this! I won't let you lay a single finger on him, understand?!" You were too furious to be surprised by your uncharacteristic demeanor, but you had gone through too much to fail Obito now.

The Uchiha was unamused by your threat. Instead, he remained silent, distracted by the tenuous residue of Uchiha chakra discharging off your body. The aspect of Obito being so close to someone outside of the clan sickened Kusuo.

"Disgusting," he mumbled under his breath at the brazen display that suggested potential mixing and tarnishing of the Uchiha bloodline. The village permitting the Uchiha to marry into and out of differing clans and bearing 'impure' young was a disgrace, Kusuo thought. His extremist and dogmatic views only amplified his resolve to proceed with his plans and halt your meddling at all costs. 

"You won't win, you know," you said in a passive tone, rubbing your wrists together in an attempt to shake off the rope binds. "I don't even know why you would want to win anyway. If you take me out of the picture, the clan will go to war. Don't you realize that?"

He felt annoyed by the tone of your voice. It reminded him of a defiant child, but with the attitude of an empowered adult. "War is the goal, you incompetent child."