| 29 | Beneath the Surface

"Kukuku, Naruto-Kun..."

"Hn."

"Of course, it would be in your best interests to allow me to speak..."

Silence.

Contrary to popular belief, Naruto isn't in complete control over his emotions.

A tremendous conflict rages within his mind every day, fragmenting his soul into shards of personalities.

One, an introversive sociopath to the fullest, avoiding many social confrontations unless absolutely forced to, meaning faced with a threat.

His frigid flames would burn through any emotion. He is icy and stoic, like a magnificent ice sculpture.

If you were to approach him and ask him a question, chances are that most of the time, he would dismiss you as trivial, simply staring at you, his ice-blue eyes piercing yours, peering into your soul.

This could also mean that he has a superiority complex, though it is greatly unknown.

This is Tsumetai, the puppet that he used during the duration of his infiltration mission in Konoha.

Two is the most intense of the personalities.

By intense, he is the embodiment of sadism and darkness in itself.

Although he may seem refined but imposing at first sight, what lies beneath the deceiving purpose shocks many.

Where Tsumetai is frigid on the outside, Moratorium, for that is the personalities name, retains his most defining characteristics on the inside.

Moratorium is a sadistic mutation of nature, the darkness formed by the pain and hatred of his parent personality, the likes of which that have never been seen before.

The impurity in his soul makes other's hearts churn. The corruption to his emotions is prominent in the world of crime.

But his power. Intoxicating, tempting and when experienced, delicious.

His red eyes allow him to set the future in stone, his predictions a vital asset, his brutal methods only accentuating that.

Moratorium is a force to be reckoned with.

Lastly, we come to address the parental node, the one who started it all.

Naruto, the Lord Shinigami of Yamigakure. The S-class missing ninja of Konoha that defected.

No explanations needed.

However, unlike the others, this personality is translucent, almost like he fades.

Fading away, his voice growing weaker and weaker, a black substance beginning to crawl up to his brain, seemingly corrupting him like a deadly parasite.

Soon, he will altogether vanish, and the other two will run rampant across his mindscape, his emotions becoming theirs and his powers being limited to theirs.

Such an issue would completely void most of his abilities and jutsus. Perhaps, to an extent, completely nullifying his Kugutsu techniques.

"Soon, Naruto-Kun, you will be lost to yourself..."

It is terrifying how similar Moratorium's speech patterns were to Orochimaru's. Well, at least when the personality used his deranged, less formal voice.

"Mhm," Tsumetai agrees, though the probability of that occurring is slim. It is difficult to decipher the true meaning of his behaviour.

In fact, the only thing that kept the Tsumetai puppet's adapted personality social (to an extent) was the fusion between the personality and Naruto's, which slowly decays.