| 14 | To Return

Tsunade was writing in a small book, updating the page for Konoha's missing-nin. She wrote:

Naruto Uzumaki, the appearance of whom is a black cloak with golden sequins. He is A to S ranked. Return to Konohagakure alive and unconscious. The bounty is 2 million Ryo.

~~~

It had been a week since I had re-emerged from my solitude and concealment, and Sasori had, after awakening from his coma, returned to Yamigakure after a week.

Evidently, my person had been registered in the famed Bingo Book, where infamous criminals were written in with a promised bounty.

Not that they know where to find me.

I had spent the week wisely, too, for I had utilised the water clone jutsu to create all of my new yin puppets.

There were five of them.

The first wore a cape that leads to a high collar. It was connected by a silver chain that seemed to absorb light. It possessed fangs that seemed to be made out of shifting shadows, malicious and mysterious, as well as claws that extended from its knuckles, taking the place of fingers. It represented the covertness that darkness granted.

The second donned armour akin to that of a knight. He wore black chain mail and a pointed helmet. On his back was a shield with the kanji for Yamigakure in red, and in his arms was a single claymore, well-balanced, and glowing with a red, strange, evil aura. He represented the malice of darkness.

The third wore black hunting greaves, navy blue camouflage pants, and a hoodie, black with silver blades erupting from it. Slung across its back was a quiver containing an unlimited amount of arrows, for they were astrally crafted as they were used.

Each arrow swirled with black energy, representing the void as it seemed to be made of no light whatsoever. In its hands was a majestic bow, silver with sharp blades at each point so that it could be utilised for close range. It represented the void of darkness.

The fourth was a fallen angel, black hair, pale skin, blood-red eyes, dangerous, pearl-white fangs. Despite all of this, the thing that classified him as such was the broad, dark, void wings outstretched from his shoulders.

A sceptre was in his hand, the handle forged through chakra-conducting gold, entwining to sprout into twin dragons. From their mouth was a churning sphere, a pearl of the deepest seas that conducted any form of yin chakra especially well. Perfect for his ninjutsu. He represented the fall to darkness.

Finally, the fifth was the tanker of them, and by far the most brutal. It wore a graphene helmet that opened only for its one eye that appeared to be molten lava.

It possessed a hulking figure, gruesome belly exposed. On its back was a black Torii gate in the size of it that he lugged around everywhere. It's a primary weapon, however, was most intriguing in the sense that it was an unusual selection.

It was a chain with a hook at the end. It could hook around an opponent, hang it on the hook, and rip through the target with its bare hands. With that method, this puppet was perhaps the most disturbing. It represented the desire, the urge to succumb.

There had also been... a few changes that had made this possible...

Flashback

I delve into my chakra network, searching for the dominant yin chakra, the primary, spiritual energy that I call on.

I become aware of my surroundings, in the laboratory room of reflective material, more durable than glass but just as good as a mirror.

I sense the material, the compounds around me, and soon I begin to see the atoms, the yang chakra surging from the light radiating onto me and the puppets.