| 24 | Sharingan

I sit at my desk, contemplating on a certain matter.

It concerns one Itachi Uchiha and his purpose to my puppet collection.

Do I make him a human puppet? Or do I transplant abilities from his Sharingan into my archdemons?

It is a very immersing mental debate.

On one hand, I affirm one puppet as the strongest, manifesting all three fabled techniques of the legendary Mangekyou Sharingan.

Or, I can evenly distribute the abilities amongst the archdemon puppets, hence allowing for the growth of my overall fear as a whole.

But if I can use Itachi as my figurehead, my rumoured right-hand; the results will be extraordinary!

Yes. I like this proposition the best. If I can manifest the genetics that manifests the Sharingan in puppets, then I will be unstoppable!

"The shadowy wisps of fog unfold..." I mutter to myself, as I shift my centre of attention to Konoha.

In the previous month, the number of disappearances in my personal spy network has been ascending, the total number being 21 missing spies as of the last week.

This is especially worrying, abundantly due to the fact that they had been educated in the art of information gathering by Yami's finest.

Even more so, is the fact that all of the vanishing events just so happened to be in the Land of Fire.

I need to investigate this phenomenon, and with haste; before Konoha can catch on.

And to do this, I need a puppet. A specialised one.

Moreover, I have the perfect identity to couple with it.

I begin to outline the fine details of my soon-to-be alter ego.

~~~

Naruto peers downwards, hunched over a table, at the DNA of the Uchiha.

The gene sample isn't much, a mere string of the spider that is woven. A few strands of DNA is all he observes through the eye of the fox.

By channelling Kyuubi's chakra through his eyes, Naruto is able to, with vulturine sight, exploit the inner workings of anybody, like the Byakugan.

The standardised double helix is present, entwined together to form a mere fragment of Itachi's genetic design.

Naruto releases a grunt, one of comprehension and understanding as he peers down.

This reveals much. By juxtaposing a strand of regular DNA from a healthy shinobi with Itachi's, a huge difference is exposed.

A single filament of blood-red genes are present, fused firmly with the double helix, just as it is a part of Itachi.

"So," he mutters to himself. "This is what creates the Sharingan?"

Naruto considers the possibility of that for a moment. But it could also be the strand that allows his body to maintain the Sharingan... not necessarily the filament of genetics that creates it...

"I'll have to see what happens," Naruto affirms, before rearranging his laboratory into pristine condition, switching off the lights, and locking the windows, doors and so on, a ghostly blue glow reverberating off the walls of the room.

He strides purposefully down the corridor, briefcase in hand, the eerie silence of this section of the Citadel not daunting him. He continues on.

Abruptly, he halts at a seemingly arbitrary wall, leaning against it casually, one hand touching it. He stares directly at the adjacent wall before a soft click is audible.