Eighteen.

I bawled guys. BAWLED.

------------------------------------------------------

I didn't know what was up Colton's ass but he picked a fight about everything for the past few days and finally I had enough.

"I'm going to the Bozak's, leave me alone."

"So you're just leaving?" He challenged.

"Yeah. You're being weird and I want nothing to do with you right now."

"Oh so you can be a bitch but I can't have a bad week."

"Excuse me?" I looked at him, wondering what was wrong with him. "What the fuck is your problem lately?" I crossed my arms. This wasn't going to happen right now.

"You. You can be my problem."

"How the fuck am I your problem? I love you for fucks sake. Do you know how much that takes for me to admit? Goddamn. I'd drop my entire life and move with you if you were traded. Whatever, just leave me alone. I'll talk to you when you aren't in a shitty mood."

I slammed the door and went to Molly's house. Hopefully playing with the kids would help me calm down.

"He just, I get I haven't been the best but he hasn't either. The beginning was a fucking disaster, I mean. You were there."

"Give him time, you know he'll think of some grand gesture to say sorry."

"I don't want a grand gesture, I want him to just say sorry."

I had dinner with Molly and went back to my apartment. Colton still hadn't tried to talk to me or send me a text and I can't say whether or not I cared. He needed to calm down before we could talk it out.

The next two days came and went. It had been the longest I've gone without talking for almost a year. It wasn't fair that we were doing this each other, but I also wasn't going to be treated like that for no reason for more than a day.

I get it. We all have bad days, but two days without talking to me was too much.

Can I come over?

I texted him back and unlocked the door for him to come in.

"Henley." He said softly. "I uh. I'm sorry. I'm under a lot of stress and I-"

"I don't care. I just want you to talk to me next time instead of acting like I'm a terrible person." Colton pulled me into his chest and held me there for a minute.

"I'm sorry. I'm just always scared you're going to leave and the season isn't going as planned."

"This scares me, but I'm here. Whether you're a Stanley Cup champion or ending last in the league. I don't like you because of the hockey. I like you because you are the sweetest person I've met and I just, I can't imagine dating anyone else."

"Well do you want to go get something to eat and then we'll pick up the puppy?"

"Yeah, I suppose."