Seven.

Wear something nice and be ready by 7

Colton's text woke me up. It's been sort of lonely since Beau and Declan left. Robert kind of keeps to himself, doesn't go out as much any more. I'm guessing that had a lot to do with his new relationship status.

It was my first and only night off for a while and the Blue's longest road trip was coming up, so I was glad that I would be seeing him tonight.

It was almost noon so I wasn't sure if Robert would be home or not. I went to the kitchen and started a pot of coffee before scrolling through my social media.

Another one of my high school friends had gotten engaged.

I wasn't jealous, but I wasn't not jealous either. I want to settle down. I'm 24 with a degree and probably a job waiting for me in DC if I wanted it. I wasn't sure how that would work if I wanted to stay with Colton. But I'm sure it would work.

No one here, aside from Colton and Beau, knew about my life before I moved here. Beau was part of my life in Denver, though. He partied with my brother in college. Hence why he saved my ass when my former roommate left me without a place to stay.

I didn't run from family problems. Or an abusive relationship. My family is great, my ex's are actually some of the greatest guys I've met. It was nothing other than me trying to prove myself somewhere my father wouldn't be able to pull strings behind my back. He was a very powerful businessman, married to a congresswoman, with five kids that were all going somewhere.

Aside from the occasional drug use, I wasn't the problem child. Or the favorite. Or the let down. That used to be my brother, but now he runs one of the largest chains of pot shops in Colorado.

I graduated in the top 10% at the University of Denver, getting into each of the top five law schools and one here in St. Louis. I spent two summers in DC, interning for the Smithsonian and a Colorado senator.

But I didn't know what I wanted to do when I graduated. I thought I did and instead of moving to Boston or New Haven, I moved to St. Louis and got a bar tending job.

Robert and some of the guys brought me out of my trance when they walked into the apartment. "Lover boy sent this for you." Joel set down two boxes next to me. "He had a doctors appointment or whatever so he couldn't drop it off himself."

I finished my cup of coffee and finally saw the name on the shoe box. I took off the lid to reveal the bright red dust bag and a card from Colton.

This doesn't make up for what I've done, but you deserve the best. I'll see you at 7
Colton

"A girl's first pair of red bottoms. How special."

"They're my second. Bought my first after I got into Harvard and Yale." I told Joel.

"How cute." Jordan snickered as he raided our fridge, taking my last iced tea from the fridge.

"Put it back Binnington or I swear to God, I will be the reason you don't play next week." Without hesitating he opened the bottle and drank the entire thing. "You are such a prick." I grabbed the apple I was planning to eat and threw it at, well, his junk. "You'll play next week but sex is probably off the table for the night."

Colton somehow got reservations at the popular new restaurant. "I may have had Vlad call."

"This is perfect."

"So, will you be my girlfriend?"

"I guess. But if you think you can buy my love with designer clothes and Louboutin's, you're an idiot."

stay. // c. paraykoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें