Chapter 2 ☾

Chapter 2 

forgive me for any mistakes (:

enjoy :3

**********

"Jen?"

"Yeah?"- I stopped the movie, and turned back in the couch just to find Mary.- "Where are you going so dressed up?"- I let a slight laugh out.

     Her black dress was difficult to observe, obsorbed by the darkness in the room. Mary's light brown hair was loose and stretched, hiding her naked shoulders. 

"Josh, you know."- she shrugged.

     You could see perfectly her nervousness by her restlessness, but I'm sure she has no reason to worry, I know everything will be fine.

"Josh."- I said, with a high exaggerated voice.- "Don't have too much fun without me, are you listening?"- I remained motionless on the couch, while she walked at a slow pace to me.

"I'll try not to."- she flashed me a smile and I couldn't resist respond to it.

"I thought that we were going to have a girls' day."- I whispered loud enough for her to hear me.

"But-" -I interrupted her.

"It's the last day of vacation, you know how it hurts my best friend ditching me today?"- I tried to keep a serious face.- "Today?!"- I raised my voice. 

"Don't be dramatic."- Mary laughed.- "I'll see you tonight, ok?"- she sighed and ran her hand through my hair, ruffling it.

"I'll probably be sleeping. "- I yawned.

"No, you won't."- Mary took her purse off the couch and began making her way to the door.

"If you say so."- I rolled my eyes.- "Bye!"

"Bye."- she laughed and got out, closing the door after her.

      I snuggled more on the couch, being left alone. Not that bothered me, I honestly can't imagine a better way to spend my last day of rest than curl up on the couch (like I didn't do it every day). I took the control and turned up the volume, just not to miss a single word of what the characters in the film are saying. Since eating chips makes an infernal noise.

      I quickly stretched my legs and put them under the blanket. I leaned further on the couch and put a pillow to support my back, putting myself as comfortable as I could.

      I sighed and took a deep breath, not letting the lids of my eyes fall. I can not fall asleep so early, or later I won't sleep at all. And if I don't sleep, well, let's just say I will not be in my best condition in my first day of classes tomorrow.

****

"Good morning sunshine."- I heard a distant voice.

     I just ignored the sound, but steps were heard around my room. Someone was definitely motivated to wake me up today. But the problem for whoever is here is that if I do not want to be awake, I won't be. Ok, maybe I can't control if I'm awake or not. But I can control whether or not open my eyes.

"Wake up!"- someone shook me.- "Jennifer, wake up!" -she sighed.- "I know you're awake."- Mary smacked me in the arm. 

"What do you want?"- I asked slowly, still with my head tucked in my pillow hoping it would swallow me.

"I just wanted to let you know that I'll be going to universi-"

"What time is it?"- I interrupted her.