Chapter Three

[Jack]

"Ah,yes ! My work's all done !"

I grinned,sitting on my staff. Ice. Snow was falling. I made a smile. It's so fun to do this.

Flying off to a roof,frost and snow followed after me. A cold breeze went by. I chuckled as I stood on the roof,looking around and stepping on the spin thingy on it. It helped me enjoy the view,turning around slowly and looking at the whole place.

I smiled,making frost patterns on the roof. It slowly swirled around the whole thing,and snow formed around the spinning stuff I'm stepping on.

It's time to go back. I'm also tired. I was about to fly off,but then…

Swoosh.

I blinked,watching it pass. A horse made with black sand. Wait,Black ? Sand ?

No… It can't be..

"Hello,Frost." I whipped my head around,but there wasn't anyone. Tch. I gripped my staff tightly,flying off and following the voice.

I stopped in the same place where Bunny found me. Gritting my teeth,I took a look around,keeping my guard up.

"It was months since we last met…"

Scary laughs were heard. But I didn't tremble. Raising my staff,I looked around.

Finally,he showed up. The same golden eyes,that evil grin,and that dark smirk he always have. I glared at him.

"I told you,you can't get rid of me forever." The boogeyman laughed,before dissolving into darkness. I took a look at the wall,seeing shadows form. First,Pitch's sillhoutte. And then a girl's… Trapped up in a cage with her staff tossed far away from. She looks familiar…

"Eeverie Summers." Pitch laughed,but remained unseen. Wait,that's Tiffa ?!

"Fire… She's such an innocent girl. And fire creates ashes. Shadows,my dear,to be exact." I heard myself growl a bit,turning around. "You're not touching Tiffa." I threatened out to no one.

Laugh. Evil laugh. "That look on her face… She looked like a child who saw a monster… Oh,her fear made me want to take her with me and feed her to the nightmares." He reappeared from the shadows. Glaring,I pointed the staff at him.

"But it would be a shame." He laughed,before slowly diving in the shadow underneath.

"Tell them to give me a christmas gift,Jack !"

The last thing I heard was his evil laugh. I gritted my teeth,then decided to fly back to North's workshop.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

[Tiffa]

I just got done making rain ! I made the clouds evaporate. Summer has to have a bit cool down,you know ? And besides,I like it. Kids are playing under it. Laughing,smiling.. Sigh. Sometimes I wish I can be like them.

I'm flying back to North's workshop. I like the elves there. Cute,but I don't want the cookies. (They are spitting it out :/) As I went there,everyone was around the large globe. What's happening…? They all looked so worried…

"Pitch is back…?"

North said,astonished. Jack sighed,giving a nod. "Sadly,yes. But I don't know how that happened.."

"But how ? His nightmares got him,right ?" Tooth said,and the fairies beside her started twittering in fear. Baby tooth was beside Jack's head,and Jack had his hood up. Sandy was awake. He was looking up at them a bit and held a worried look,symbols of panicking nonsense formed over his head. Unusual…

Bunny sighed,leaning against the wall. "Maybe that's why Manny chose her." He said in his australian accent,mentioning to me. Me ? What did I do ? I just placed my feet on the ground !

"Tiffa ! Good thing you're back !" Tooth flew over to me. I smiled at her. "Well… I did stuff..." I shrugged a bit. Jack looked at me,and made that smile. I don't know if it's just because of my abilities,but I felt my cheeks heat. Yeesh…

He took his hood off,showing his snow white hair. "Yeah. We need to talk to you about something." He sighed. North started walking to us. "Tiffa,can we talk in my office ? Just the two of us ?" He said,crossing his arms over his chest. I looked at him,blinking. "Well… Sure.." I shrugged a bit. Bunny made a small smirk. "G'luck,mate." He tapped his foot on the ground,then jumped in the hole he just made.

I walked after North as he went through a path between tables. Toys were painted by Yeti's,and the elves were 'fixing' them. North stopped at Phil,looking at the blue-painted robots. "Too winter. Make it red."

Phil's jaw dropped as he finished the last one. I stiffled a giggle at the pile of blue robots beside him,hearing him sigh sadly before walking in North's office. It had toys made of ice. Oh,never knew he makes those.

Elves held up a tray of cookies at me. Jingles smiled,bowing slightly and letting the bell on his pointy hat jingle. He then mentioned to the cookies,looking hopeful. I smiled,taking a bite then ignoring the fact that they maybe ate it already,and ate it. "Thanks."

"Okay,out with your pointy heads." North shooed them off,making them huff and walk outside. I giggled slightly at their pointy heads,the bells jingling around as they walked.

When they got out,North closed the door. Then a mechanical lock happened,startling me. North did his scary look,looking down at me. "What's your center ?" He said in a strict voice,walking to me. I took steps back,nervous as I backed up to the door.

"M-my center…? What center..?"

"You don't know it too ?" North raised a brow. I looked up at him,nodding. He sighed,backing away and crossing his arms. "You're just like Jack 11 months ago.…"

"Jack ?"

"Yep. What's your whole name ?"

"Tiffania Eeverie Summers.."

"No,not that… I mean your whole name before you became a guardian."

"U-uh…" I looked away,sighing. "I never knew what it was. All I knew that day 300 years ago was my name now,and that I have fire abilities.. And the fact that no one can see me. The reason ? I never knew."

North sighed a bit. He gently ran a hand on his white beard,before smiling. "That can be fixed. Maybe Tooth has your memories."

I looked surprised. "Tooth...?"

"She's the guardian of memories. She collects teeth for the childhood memories in them." He smiled,then opened the lock.

As we started leaving his office,I can't help but to be excited. All those years… I stayed alive,not aging or dying. With no clue how and why. I smiled.

Finally !