In Between End.

A few days later, the second trial was dooming over Yuu.  And his relaxed days have all of a sudden become very frantic.

It seems a lot of omegas are definitely a lot less excited for the trials, now that they know what they're in for.

Yuu couldn't help but smile a little at that, at last they finally got off their high horse and finally opened their eyes.

Yuu had found Narumi earlier that morning.  He finally gave his letter to be delivered to Mika.   Whilst Narumi was doing that, he got pulled away by Akane.

"We should review some more survival skills just in case.  We have no idea what you'll run into in the next trial."  She said before straight at Yuu.

Yuu sighed, as much as he knew this would help him in the future, he didn't feel like studying everything once again.

"Alright."  He said as he made his way to the table to sit down.  They were in Yuu's room, he had been lounging in there when Akane suddenly bursted in.

They went over everything they went over in preparation for Yuu's trial, and more.  He was glad he didn't have to use too much of Akane's training.

And definitely glad he didn't have to use any of Narumi's training.  (Which was fighting.)

After an hour or so, Akane thankfully decided to let Yuu have his long awaited break.  Which consisted of him helping Akane in getting the food ready.  And Akane trying to refuse Yuu's help.

"Yuu, it's ok, it's not much work.  I just mostly have to put everything together on the tray, but it's cooked already."

Yuu frowned, he wanted to help Akane, since all she's been doing since he came here was help him.

Now he wanted to return the favor.

"I just want to help."  He said, a little pleadingly.

"Trust me Yuu.  You can help me by coming back alive."  She said as she finally finished up everything and walked over to the table with Yuu trailing behind her.

"Alright, but after all of this, I'll cook you a meal."  Yuu said without thinking.  Since he couldn't really cook that well.

"Alright Yuu.  I'll look forward to it."  She said as she smiled softly.  Yuu returned the smile and sat down to eat.

He longed for a day where all he had to worry about was what to cook for Akane and everyone else.

"Narumi will probably want to train you as well when he comes back."  Akane said as they both ate.  Yuu had demanded Akane ask for an extra portion just for her when he realized Akane didn't eat a lot throughout the day.

"I hope the training is not too hard.  I would still like to feel my muscles the next more."  He said jokingly.

After they both finished, Yuu realized this was definitely the calm before the storm.  He didn't know if the trial would be harder or easier than the first.

All he knew was that it would definitely be different from the 1st trial and all the ones before it.  Since Kureto constantly switched up what's in the trials.  He could have anything up his sleeve.

"Do you think Narumi could train anyone else too?"

"Yuu, you're not implying-"

"I want Chess to survive too.  Even though I know it's near impossible.  But she deserves to live just as much as I do.   She didn't even want to be here, just li-"

"Yuu, I know you mean well.  But you need to be worrying about your own life.  What you need to be worrying about is what ever killed all the omegas in the last trial."  Akane said slowly.

Yuu frowned.  He had expected an answer like this.  Although he was still disappointed.

After a pregnant silence, he finally spoke, "alright.  I understand."  'That doesn't mean I'll give up on Chess though.'

"I'm glad you do understand.  It's dangerous to get close to anyone around here.  Especially another omega.  I just want you to survive."

Akane was feeling a little heartbroken over this.  Chess seemed like a nice girl.  But she was tasked with keeping Yuu alive.  She didn't know what she would do if someone else died under her watch.

Call her selfish.  But she valued Yuu's life above everyone else's.  Maybe just for her own sake.

"I'll help you clean up.  It's the least I can do."  Yuu said, getting up.  He grabbed a plate before Akane had a chance to say no, or clean up by herself.

Akane sighed and got up as well.  She began to make up Yuu's bed instead.

Somehow, he felt like Yuu wasn't going to take his suggestion and stay away from Chess.  But if he didn't, it would be both Chess's and his downfall.

Time Skip———
"Yuu do you know what the next trial may be?"  Chess asked quietly.  They were in the library once again.  It was their daily meetup place.

"Not really.  Keep on studying Chess."  He replied back.  Since Akane wouldn't help them, and he was certain Narumi wouldn't either, he had taken up the job.

He would try his best to train Chess, just in case they got separated.  The hardest thing about this was coming up with an excuse to Akane.

Who probably knew what he was doing, or was at least suspicious.  He understood her reasoning, but he could never turn his back to Chess.

The kid deserved to happy too.  Probably more than him, unlike him, she had a whole future in front of her.  Yuu wouldn't be surprised if he died from cardiac arrest in a few years if he even survived this.

So if it ever came to a choice between his life and Chess's he would definitely choose Chess's life.

He would of course feel terrible for everyone he was close with.  But they all had someone who would comfort them.

His friends had their mates and soon to be born kids.  Guren had Shinya, Mika had everyone in the kingdom.  Akane had Narumi.  Chess had her alpha at home.  He wouldn't feel too bad if he left this world.

And hopefully everyone wouldn't hate him too much if he did.