Chapter 6

No!!! 

Jack's house has been rebuilt! 

The contractor managed to do it in record time! 

Well, there are ups and downs to this, the ups being that Trisha is out of her, and the downs being, Jack is out of here. 

UGH! 

FML much?!?! 

(JACK'S POV) 

I've got to tell her how I fell before someone else does. 

The only thing is, that it may be awkward.  

Mel and I have been friends for so long, what if she just thinks of me as a brother? 

On the other hand, I asked her to prom, and she said yes, right away. Maybe...could she possibly, maybe...feel the same way? 

I'm going to ask her out, to watch a movie with me. 

Does that sound too obvious, obvious about the way I feel for her? 

*** 

The next day, we walked to school together 

"Hey, Mel. Can I err... ask you something?" I began, trying to sound as calm as possible 

"Anything" she replied, her eyes sparkling, in the typical Mel-Rose way. 

"well..." I continued 

"Melanie, how about... I mean... are you... what I mean to say is that, maybe we could, you know, go watch a movie tomorrow? Strictly as friends, of course." 

She just looked at me for a moment, which made me feel extremely nervous. 

"Sure!" she replied, smiling. 

"So, how about, you know, tomorrow at 6 in the evening?" 

"That'll be great" she replied 

Six in the evening, six in the evening. 

I have exactly 34 hours to get prepared.  

I can do it! I hope... 

(MEL'S POV) 

Oh My God!  

He asked me out?!  

That did not just happen, did it? 

I cannot believe this! 

No way! I only have 34 hours?! 

So, okay, I have to act normal. 

I want to tell him how I feel about him, but, I just can't bring myself to do it, you know? 

What if he just thinks of me as a sister, because we have known each other for so long? 

***  

The moment I got home from school, I rushed to my room and locked the door. 

Since Trisha moved back, I don't have to be all 'hush hush' anymore in my own room! 

I grabbed my cell phone out of my bag and dialed Tara's number. 

"Tara! Oh My God! You will never believe this!" I started, getting all excited 

"And you will never believe this!" replied Tara, seriously confusing me 

"huh?" I asked 

"Mel! Go to your front door, NOW!" 

"err.... Okay..." I said, even more confused 

I walked over to the front door, holding my cell in my hand 

I opened the front door, and standing there was Tara, the friend I was just talking to. The same friend I thought was in Europe. 

"Surprise!" yelled Tara 

"OhMaGawd!!!" I thought you were in Europe! 

"I'm here to surprise you!" 

"How come you're here?!" I asked, still flabbergasted to see her standing at my front door 

"Come on in!" 

As we walked into the living room together and sat on the couch, we just looked at each other for a minute and started squealing again. 

"Oh My Gawd, Tara, you will never believe what happened just now on the way to school!"