Chapter 5

“He asked you to prom?” squealed Tara when I told her over the phone (Tara was my best friend back in Europe).

“Uh-huh!” was all I could say in reply.

“Omigosh! I need to get down there, to Manhattan and help you get a dress…When is it? The prom I mean.”

“ermmm…. I’m not really sure, but its some time next month”

“Great! We have 30 or so days to get you ready, so you look smoking hot when you see him!”

“Tara!! We are going as friends!” I reminded her for the thousandth time.

“You will need to get some makeup to, and contacts, never leave home without contacts!” She said, not taking any notice of what I just said.

“Tara, I gotta go now. I’ve got tons of homework to do. Keep in touch, hun!”

“See ya Mel.”

When I got off the phone I noticed Trisha had come home.

“Where’s Jack?” I asked out of CURIOSITY

He got run-over by a truck! You better go help him. I actually have a life, so you go do all the dirty work!”

Just then, the front door opened, and in walked Jack.

“Oh Jack! What a coincidence, Mel was just talking about you! HAHA!” Trisha said walking into my room (she sleeps there every night *shudders*)

Jack looked at me, gave me a slight smile, and walked off into my room (he sleeps there too).

I just can’t wait for prom!