Your honey

...

Clouds were covering the moon tightly allowing the darkness to rule the empty streets and allies. The street lamps that stood were only for show for they were of no use. The bricks were still slightly we wet, indicating the heavy rainfall the place had.

A person in a black cloak and hoodie slowly stepped through the dark ally with steps that weren't graceful enough and a pace too slow. The black cloak was brushing the wet path as the person walked making it hard to make out anything, as if to cover any footprints left behind.

Finally the person stopped at a rather old wooden door in the empty alleyway. Knocked a few times only to be greeted by a pair of old eyes through a peeping hole. After a couple of words exchanged as whispers the door opened and the person walked in. 

“Boss will be here" The old man said and left the hooded person alone in an old empty bar.

A single light was illuminating the place, but it was less eerier than the allies.

After what it seemed like ages, an old woman appeared from behind the dusty bar counter. “We are closed" she said sternly.

“I need your help" the hooded person replied in a monotone.

“What makes you think I'll give you just that?”

“Because the jungle rules not always work. Sometimes the wisest survive. Not the fittest” The person said. The woman's face softened.

“Lilly" She said. There was no question mark attached to the name.

“No I'm her daughter; Maya”
The person removed the hood revealing her black hair tied in a messy bun and a skin as fair as it could be.

“We need a place to stay" Maya said and started to untie her cloak strap as she saw the questioning look on the woman’s face when she said “we".

“This is my son, Yohan" Maya patted the head of the six year old little boy whom she had been hiding under her cloak.

The woman delightfully agreed to help her guests as she lead them through a hidden door at the back of the mostly empty bar to a room. She removed the old rugs in the room floor that had been covering a trap door.

...

What had happened seven years ago was a mistake

She was told to seduce a random stranger as a dare. She had no idea who he was nor did it matter at that time, in the club to her half drunken self. “I'm Beth” She had told him. A
Lie.

A game can be played by two and in the end her seduction game turned out to be a double edged sword stabbing her too.

Before she knew it she was thinking of a future with him. Yet, after finding out who he was, she made sure to just leave whatever happened as a one night stand.

End result? Here she was with her auburn hair coloured in black hiding her most precious treasure from the one person who both stole and broke her heart.

“I will always find you" At that time her heart was beating with excitement, but now it sent shivers down her spine.

...

Maya sat on a sofa in the basement stroking her sons dark hair. She looked down at him soundly asleep. He was now the only reason she was living for.

Before Yohan there was a time though, when she craved revenge from ‘that man'. But now she just wants to live a peaceful life somewhere he will never find her. Somehow it seemed near impossible.