"Do you think he'll give up?" Jonathan stared at Calvin.

Calvin felt that the expression showing in his mother's eyes was uncanny, but he didn't take it seriously. "Mother, don't worry about my marriage. Let's think about what wedding gift we should give when Edgar gets married!"

Jonathan gave Calvin a fleeting glare and then sighed. "You, ah . . ."

Shu Shu was completely ignorant about what happened on the outside. At this moment, both he and Synthia already returned to the skill class and continued to attend class.

They had a mind to go learn some other skills, but while it was a great idea, getting it going was not easy to do. Not to mention that they completely didn't know what to learn, Shu Shu's current identity was also a big problem.

There were many wealthy and respectable people in the Imperial College. After the banquet yesterday, it was estimated that everyone already recognized Shu Shu. If Shu Shu went and audit a class now, then it was not to learn but to be surrounded by people and become a spectacle.

Shu Shu gave up the plan to go and audit other classes and began to self-study just like before.

The things he learned were not systematic enough. Rather than thinking about going and learning college courses now, he had better try to learn elementary and middle school subjects first.

After downloading the elementary school textbooks, Shu Shu was instantly stupid.

He had no problem with cultural subjects since he had a highly retentive memory and could always learn very fast. However . . . what the devil were these science subjects?

He still understood some mathematics, but . . . the difference between the mathematics, physics, and chemistry that people learned on Earth and the subjects here was too big, just as big as the difference between abacus and computer!

If the people who compiled "The Nine Chapters on the Mathematical Art" in ancient China suddenly came to modern times on Earth and looked at the mathematics textbooks for primary school students, they were most likely unable to understand them. Shu Shu now . . . was of course unable to understand what he was looking at as well.

Shu Shu chose some subjects and asked Synthia.

"These subjects are all very difficult. It's exactly because I couldn't learn them so I had no other choice but to attend the skill class." Giving a glance at the stuff Shu Shu was viewing, Synthia stated sadly.

Shu Shu had a blank face.

At noon, many beastmen came to the doorway of the skill class just like in the past . . . . No, there were more people coming today than in the past. In addition to beastmen, there were even many sub-beastmen coming!

Shu Shu had misgivings. After reaching Jindan stage, his ears were much more useful, so he listened to some of the discussions.

"Which one is Shu Shu?"

"It's the one sitting in the left corner."

"It turns out that he's Shu Shu. He's really in the skill class, ah . . ."

"Why does the crown prince like a sub-beastman who can only study in the skill class?"

. . . . . .

So many people came just to judge him! Shu Shu was quite indignant. Why did those people look down on him? If he had lived here from childhood, he would've received this place's education from childhood, and maybe he also could've passed the entrance exam of the Imperial College justly and honorably!

Lowering his head, Shu Shu continued to study the textbook seriously.

"Shu Shu, everyone outside must be coming to see you, right?" Synthia said.

"Must be." Shu Shu replied depressedly.

The skill class had finished very early. In the past, Shu Shu and Synthia were ignored, but today they both became the golden boys. Everyone came over and surrounded them; the people in the class cordially invited them to go eat while the people outside looked at them curiously.

Most of them did nothing more than taking a look. When they faced Shu Shu, they were somewhat green with envy, but they wouldn't really do anything. However, there would always be an exception to everything.

Shu Shu once again saw his old acquaintance Julian.

Speaking of Julian and Shu Shu, they had met three times in total, but it couldn't be said that they were familiar with each other. Still, people Shu Shu had had contact with in the Beastman Empire were really too few, so Julian could also be considered as an acquaintance.

Standing out in a crowd of beastmen and sub-beastmen, Julian looked at Shu Shu with an ugly face. "You have quite a skill, ah!"

Even if Shu Shu didn't understand much about the ways of the world, but at this moment, he could still discern that this was a bad person.

"Pretending to be drunk and then throwing yourself at the crown prince to seduce him . . . . Only you, a shameless sub-beastman, could do this kind of thing." Julian said again.

He was initially scared yesterday, for fear that Shu Shu would come find him and give him trouble, but after he went home later, the more he thought about it, the more he thought that something was wrong.

At that time, Shu Shu himself said that the crown prince did not like him. And people normally wouldn't mistake their own feelings. In this case, why was the crown prince so apprehensive about him afterwards? It might be that this Shu Shu played some tricks or directly had the empress force the crown prince.

If Shu Shu really made the crown prince so apprehensive . . . . How could no one had ever seen the crown prince picking him up or dropping him off the school even though he had been studying in the skill class for so many days?

How apprehensive the beastmen were toward their own sub-beastmen, they sub-beastmen were the most clear about!

With such a notion, Julian immediately wasn't that scared and even took the initiative to find Shu Shu.

Many people knew that he had once offended Shu Shu. In the past two days, after the news that the crown prince would probably marry Shu Shu had come out, his life had been extremely difficult. So right now, he desperately hoped everyone believed that the crown prince actually didn't take Shu Shu seriously at all.

"You're really shameless!" Shu Shu scowled at Julian. "It's Edgar who liked me first, and I didn't seduce him."

When Julian heard Shu Shu's words, his face changed slightly, and then he said, "How can the crown prince like you, a sub-beastman who can only go to the bridal class?"

"What's wrong with the bridal class? Why can't he like me?" Shu Shu promptly responded.

Other sub-beastmen of the bridal class were also angry. "Exactly! What's wrong with our bridal class? We're at least better than you. We won't go and steal other people's beastman!"

Criticized by these people, Julian's expression subtly changed. When his ex-boyfriend had an affair with him, he was indeed Frank's boyfriend, but Frank's family background was too inferior, so after expressing his goodwill, his ex-boyfriend ultimately chose him.

The thing he did was indeed dishonorable, but he also couldn't let these people talk. "I stole other people's beastman, so what? Didn't he steal too?"