chapter 36

36. Not a Sub-beastman

Sure, there were many people coming and going from Gass planet, but those people rode in public spaceships or tourist spaceships, or in some corporations' cargo spaceships. The military naturally took the military spaceship, so Gass planet only had a single cargo spaceship at their disposal.

In fact, this was already quite good. Some of the less remote planets were far more inhabited than Gass planet, but they all didn't have any spaceships that belonged exclusively to their planet.

A spaceship was not a mere aircraft; it was a very expensive one. Even if it was not operated, its annual maintenance would cost a lot of money.

"How about taking the military spaceship, Your Imperial Highness?" Justin, who saw Edgar looking at the spaceship with a wooden expression, felt slightly unsure and cautiously asked.

"No need. I'll check this one first." Edgar said. He had lost his beast core because some people had plotted against him. It made him act more cautiously now. Military spaceships were numbered; if he really took one to leave this planet, he was liable to be found by those people. By comparison, this outmoded cargo spaceship was actually not so conspicuous.

Speaking of spaceship, its construction cost was expensive. Although this old-fashioned spaceship was already quite rare now, but there were still people who used it. The one used by a gang of star pirates whom he had once flattened was basically this type of spaceship because this model was particularly sturdy and durable.

Of course, in the end, whether the spaceship could be used or not, it still had to be checked thoroughly before it could be used.

Edgar joined the army after he graduated. To this day, it had been more than ten years already. He could operate nearly all kinds of spaceships and also had a deep understanding of them. It was only natural that he wanted to check this cargo spaceship first. There's no question about it.

This spaceship was indeed very old, but it was well-maintained and could fully support long-distance interstellar travel. After inspecting it, Edgar said: "This one will do."

Seeing Edgar not snubbing the spaceship, Justin sighed with relief and asked Edgar whether he wanted to bring many people with him.

"In addition to the crew, I'll also choose two hundred soldiers to go with me. Dr. Jones goes with me as well. Is that okay?" Edgar said.

"No problem." Justin replied, patting his own chest. He truly didn't dare making a decision to allow Edgar to take the military spaceship, but to choose two hundred soldiers to escort the crown prince back to the capital star was no problem.

"Many thanks. When I get to the capital star, I'll definitely propose to develop Gass planet." Edgar said. So to speak, he was penniless now, and yet Justin still helped him with courtesy.

Justin's face turned red from happiness, and he became even more cordial. He knew that since Edgar had said so, Gass planet would definitely get developed.

Even if the prime minister and the parliament did not agree, the Imperial family could effortlessly develop Gass planet by spending their own money!

The number of people in the Imperial family had always been sparse, but every one of them was brave and good at fighting. The Imperial family had taken the first initiative to propose a constitutional monarchy, which in turn had allowed them to protect their entire properties. The wealth accumulated over ten thousand years had continuously earned them the title of the richest family in the Empire. Reportedly, just their private planets alone were more than a hundred . . . . Furthermore, included among these were a good deal of energy planets and inhabitable planets.

When Justin looked at Edgar, it was practically like looking at a glittering, golden Big Buddha.

In the afternoon, Justin was done preparing all the things Edgar wanted. The cargo spaceship could lift off and enter the outer space at any time.

"We'll set off immediately." Edgar said to Shu Shu.

"We'll leave so soon?" Shu Shu was a bit reluctant to leave. He also had a deep concern about the future.

"The capital star is a hundred times more beautiful than this place, a melting pot of fine food from the entire Beastman Empire." Edgar watched Shu Shu expressionlessly.

"Hurry up and go!" Shu Shu put the last bite of the snack that Justin's secretary had delivered for the second time into his mouth, completely unconcerned.

Bringing Shu Shu onto the spaceship, the corner of Edgar's mouth hooked up slightly.

The cargo spaceship had a large capacity, but the condition of the living area was not good as each and every one was only a small room. Of course, among those, the captain's bedroom was still quite spacious.

Edgar gave the captain's bedroom to Shu Shu, while he himself stayed in the adjacent room.

After seeing to their lodgings, Edgar inspected the other areas on the spaceship and found that . . . the huge cargo hold of the cargo spaceship was unexpectedly piled up with food and water.