chapter 9

9. The Skimpy Grass Skirt

The huge snake that had taken possession of his "living room" was sleeping, thus there was no snake in this cave. He totally didn't need to be afraid.

Shu Shu dug around the cave mouth to make it wider. Looking down, he immediately pouted in disappointment.

This place was indeed... terrible.

Shu Shu's cave had been dug up little by little. He had lived in the wild as a hamster for a few hundred years, and it had given him ample experience in digging a hole. Naturally, his digging skill was very good. Even if it was after the rain, his cave wouldn't be damp. But this place....

This place should be a small crack that originally existed on this small mountain, and the snake had been using it for its nest. Beneath this kind of small crack that had been existing for years, there would certainly be water seepage. Or maybe because of the seepage, the crack had been eroded by water. Naturally, it was very damp here.

The damp environment would produce bacteria, and it would also nourish so many organisms.... The smell here was not so good. There were mosses growing on the cave's walls; centipedes and some small bugs were crawling up and down on the other sides.... The snake could actually live in this kind of place?

Shu Shu crawled out of the cave mouth. Swaying on his feet, his claws were already stiff from digging the whole night. He looked around with disgust across his whole face.

He suddenly felt a little sympathy for the huge snake. Although the snake was very strong, but he could only live in a place like this. It still couldn't compare with him!

The small crack where the huge snake lived was much smaller than Shu Shu's living room; he had to bend his waist to walk inside it. He had just walked a few steps when he saw some snake scales.

Seeing the snake's scales, Shu Shu once again felt his scalp go numb. Recalling that the huge snake was not here, he breathed in relief.

Talk about snake-for small rodents that lived in the wild, snake was absolutely the scariest animal. Small rodents' fear of snake was inherently engraved in their bones.... In contrast, Shu Shu was actually not so afraid of cat. Firstly, he actually hadn't met any cat during those years in the wild; it had been owls that had eyed him instead. Secondly..., his successive owners had also kept a cat or two inside the house. Those cats had only eaten cat food at all times. Although they had been interested in him and had always come round to swat his cage, but he reckoned that they had just wanted to toy with him instead of wanting to eat him.

He definitely wasn't that afraid of cat, but he also didn't liked it in the least. What had happened during the day yesterday annoyed him even more because, in comparison with a cat, a tiger particularly looked like a cat.

He decided to hate tigers from now on.

Feeling aggrieved, Shu Shu ruthlessly stepped on the scales left by the huge snake. As a result, he hurt his feet.... Shu Shu lifted one of his feet and found a long cut caused by the scales on his sole.

Human's body was indeed very weak. If he had known before, he would not have run around on the sharp stone floor and had his feet cut open by the stone.

Shu Shu had a mind to lick his own feet, but when he saw the dirty floor, he couldn't bring himself to do it. He could only give up this plan. At this moment, he suddenly discovered a pretty stone that was incompatible with the environment here.

This kind of glossy stone obviously could only be found by the brook that flowed into the small lake. To be able to appear here, it was definitely the snake that had specifically obtained it. And the snake had managed to bring back a block of stone like this.... Shu Shu observed the stone's position, and right away he knew that this stone had been brought mostly to be used as a cover.