I think it's because he's the first and only normal friend I have.

Not a Pureblood, not a Slade. A human.

"Why do you keep following me?"

I froze at the question, forgetting about the food in my mouth for a moment. Why was he asking such a question? I tried to swallow the food, but it suddenly felt as though I was swallowing a lump of dried rocks.

"You look similar to someone I knew."

"Is that why?" he raised an eyebrow.

I nodded my head, resuming to feed myself. "Pretty much. But do tell me, are you interested in anyone?" I leaned back against the seat of the couch and gulped some of my beer down. I have to remember to not get drunk.

"There is this girl." he stopped there, swallowing a little of his beer. This was going to be a long story, so I must get comfortable, I thought as I grabbed another fistful of the chips and chocolate.

As he spoke of this girl he liked, there was a gleam in his eyes. He looked honest and truthful with every word he said, his intentions towards her seemed innocent and nowhere near harmful. He seemed to be genuinely interested in that girl, whoever she was.

The more he spoke, the more I realised that he was not Jonathan, not the Jonathan I knew, not my Jonathan. He was different, and now I realise what it was.

His nature was not the same as Jonathan's.

Where Jonathan was stubborn and defiant, this human was quiet and still. Where Jonathan was cheeky and a troublemaker, this human was innocent and preferred to stay away from trouble. Where Jonathan was carefree and rebellious, this human was controlled and calm.

The more he spoke about things that interested him, such as staying at home or going out with friends and doing nothing, the more I realised how depressed I suddenly got. I didn't want to stay here anymore, I wanted to leave.

I wanted Sebastian.

I didn't want to stay with this human anymore. I grew tired, bored with him, and I knew I shouldn't keep bothering him with me because he should live a normal human life. I shouldn't take that from him. I shouldn't take what was taken from me, from him.

Putting the beer bottle down on the side, I scooted closer to the human and placed a hand on his cheek, forcing him to look into my eyes. He looked startled for a moment, then he gasped and his eyes were locked on my own without blinking or moving.

I felt my pupils contract. I smiled and locked my eyes with his, getting serious.

I have to do it, I have to let him go. I can't keep doing this. After so many days I spent with him, I don't see myself going anywhere with him.

"I want you to forget about me." I whispered, making sure to not blink. "You will fall asleep because you've drank too much, and when you wake up, you will not remember me. Everything we've done, you will forget, because I was never with you. You don't know me." I paused, taking a deep breath and trying not to close or move my eyes. "I was nothing but a strange nightmare."