Ch. 2 (Edited)

...Transportation...

Kyle strolled beside Tommie, eyes covering the empty grounds – if you didn't count the ducks.

The murky lake shimmered, it's calm waters speckled with algae. Kyle wished he could jump in that lake, swim away like a confused fish whilst Tommie watched in disbelief. He really wasn't a swimmer, but drowning felt like the better option than what was about to happen.

"You're worried about me?" Tommie made his question sound as though it was more of a statement. "You think I'll get kidnapped like the others."

Kyle felt those green eyes on him.

"It's a possibility." He finally said.

Tommie huffed. "Always acting like my protector, I can take care of myself, you know." He swallowed away his sadness and straightened his back. "I have been for the last two years."

Kyle felt a pang of guilt. "I was... selfish." He admitted.

"Selfish? You saw no one but yourself!"

He already knew that. "Well, I'm leaving anyway so what does it matter?"

"It matters!" Tommie halted, shoving Kyle to the side to face him. "All these years together, looking after one another. Then university comes along and you turn into an absolute prick." Tommie's eyes shined, his voice cracking with raw emotion.

Kyle turned from Tommie's gaze, he hated to look at him like this, instead he caught a glimpse of the dark clouds forming rapidly above them. He hadn't heard about any rain in the forecast.

He swatted Tommie's hand away. "I'm not in the mood for this."

Tommie was blinking away tears. He was trying not to cry, he knew they did nothing, but it hurt too much to stop his feelings from showing. "Of course you aren't. Whenever something gets too hard you run away." When the tears streamed, Tommie just let them fall. "You're a coward."

Those words hit hard. Kyle shook his head. Just 'cus he didn't weep and wallow in sadness that didn't make him a coward, it made him a realist. What was the point in bitching about something that would never change. They were done. Over. There was no need for tears.

A shadow cast over them. At first he thought it was his dramatic mind playing tricks, but when he looked up at the sky, it was black. Kyle's eyes widened as he saw a collection of bright blue lights above. His heart started to speed up as he noticed the sheer size of the hidden glowing shape.

"...shit." He barely managed.

Tommie followed Kyle's gaze saying, "what... Jesus Christ!" He gasped.

They were both frozen in shock when the low hum sounded. Just then the largest circle seemed to glow brighter. Kyle blinked, at the pit of his stomach he felt the overwhelming need to run.

He clutched Tommie's shoulders tightly - bringing his attention back to him. "Tommie we need t-"

Too late.

The beam shot out at lightening speed - suddenly he felt he was being plucked off the ground like a backwards version of falling.

"Tommie!"

Tommie slipped from Kyles grasp as they were pulled, screaming and kicking, into an open hole of the air craft.

They were blinded with blue and thrown unceremoniously onto the hardened floor.

Before Kyle could even think to move, he was seized by something sharp. He was pulled up off the ground and made to stand. What was happening? UFO? Abduction?

Kyle struggled to be released, his eyes catching meatless arms coiling around him, and as he stared he saw the ground through the hollowed spaces on its unnaturally long limbs. He paused, glancing to Tommie, his heart dropping at the sight.

With paper white skin and deep-set black, beady eyes, the creature loomed above Tommie. Its stretched and sickly body curled, with its face, thin and veiny, watching Tommie from empty eyes.

By the other boy's mostly calm demeanour, Kyle knew he hadn't noticed the horrifying alien creature practically breathing down his neck. A shiver crawled up Kyle spine as he realised how close the creature must be to him. There was no breath to be felt - but he knew it was there.

Kyle eyes darted to everything around him.

His mind could hardly process. The room was so completely white that it hurt to stare. Around him, scuttling like busy ants, were shorter much less intimidating aliens. 

His foot scraped across rough floor as he straightened, it was like a stone texture, easy grip, where as the walls were completely smooth. Almost metallic from the way they shined.

Suddenly his body buzzed with energy, the tingling sensation spreading through out him.

He realised then, with a sinking feeling, that the ship had moved. There was no doubt that they had already left Earth.

Kyle turned to Tommie who was almost as pale as the creature holding him, his body trembling ever so slightly. Tommie had most likely noticed the creature inches above his head. Its jagged pink teeth ground as if to stop itself from taking a bite. Tommie looked a nauseous. Kyle wished so badly to take him from the nightmare before them, yet the evil grip reminded him of how little he could do.

After a while of listening to the deep guttural noises of alien talk, he saw a male and female in clear conversation approach.

The male was different from the others. Whilst most wore plain, white shapeless clothes – the male had two distinct red stripes cutting through the otherwise indifferent cloth. Clearly a higher ranking official on the ship.

The shiny, night-blue alien peered at the thin, but wide device held in his nail-less hands. His feet stopping just two steps short of Kyle.

Tapping the device a few times before glancing up at the inch taller human. He turned his head and looked back down at the screen that Kyle could see was black with light blue incoherent symbols. The alien started speaking again, the lilac female gargled back.

Suddenly the alien grabbed Kyle's jaw. The seemingly smooth skin was rough like sandpaper on his chin. He jerked back in shock, only to be gripped tighter by the ever silent thing behind him.

The alien kept twisting Kyle's head. Scanning his face with a steel gaze. He was being checked and assessed, like cattle for stock. He wasn't going to be eaten, was he?

Out of the corner of his eye he could see Tommie watching. Even without fully turning Kyle could see the frantic rise and fall of his chest. God, he hoped whatever was happening could be over soon.

The alien must not have liked his diverted attention as he snapped his fingers in front of Kyle's face. Kyle glared at the alien who took no notice of the human's anger.

If it was just me and you in this room, I'd beat that smug look off you're face in seconds.

The alien let go of human's chin, to his benefit, which Kyle assumed meant he was done. He made two sharp noises and Kyle was spun. Now stood in front of the 7ft thing. He was almost certain that it was going to devour him, but instead his hands were chained with red glowing cuffs of some strange metal. Kyle saw the material coil tighter and tighter, until it essentially moulded around his wrists.

The creature took the attached cord and dragged itself down the lengthy room – pulling the cords and Kyle along with it.

Kyle gazed back. Relieved that Tommie too was being led out the room.

Everything was fine as long as they were together.

N/A

"What a wonderful world",

Now this time I really do want you screaming at errors,

No moaning allowed, that's preserved for Kyle and Tommie only.