Meet Me

Two weeks had passed since Jake talked to Britt and told her that he wanted his family back. Jake grabbed his phone and dialed Anna's number it rang for a while then went to voicemail.

Jake: Hey, Anna, it's me, can you call me back when you get this.

Anna was getting dressed when she noticed that she had a missed call and a voicemail, she grabbed her phone and saw it was from Jake. After she listened to the message, she thought about whether or not she wanted to call him back.

Anna finished getting dressed, grabbed her phone off the side table and went to look for the boys she found them playing a game in Noah's room.

Anna: Hey guys I'm going to go start on breakfast, I'll call you when it's ready.

Ethan: Ok, mommy. 

Anna went downstairs to start breakfast while standing in the kitchen she decided now would be a good time to call Jake back.

The phone rang a few times before Jake answered.

Jake: Hello.

Anna: Hey I got your message you wanted me to call you back what's up?

Jake: I was hoping you would meet me for coffee? I really need to talk to you.

Anna: Can't you just tell me now I have a busy day?

Jake: It's important, I have to tell you face to face.

Anna: Ok, I will find someone to watch the boys then I will meet you just text me where.

Jake: Thank you. I will see you soon.

Anna: Bye.

After Anna hung up the phone, she texted Britt to see if she would be able to look after the boys. Britt wasn't able to watch them, so she called Kelley. 

Kelley: Hey, Anna, what's up?

Anna: Hey I need a really big favor; Jake called he wants to meet me for coffee, is there any way you could watch the boys for me?

Kelley: Yeah, I can watch them for you what time do you need me to come over?

Anna: Jake is going to text me what time, and where then I will text you.

Kelley: Ok, sounds good.

Anna hung up the phone, put breakfast on the table then called the boys down.

Anna: Hey guys I have to go out for a bit to meet someone, but Kelley is going to come over to watch you.

Noah: Where are you going, mommy?

Anna: I have to meet someone for coffee.

Ethan: Are you making a new movie?

Anna: No, buddy just going to talk to someone you don't have to worry I'm not going anywhere.

When breakfast was over Anna told the boys to go upstairs and get dressed, while they were upstairs, Anna cleared the breakfast dishes. 

The boys came downstairs after getting dressed and went to the backyard to play.

Kelley arrived an hour later.

Kelley: Hey, it's me where are my favorite guys?

Ethan: Auntie Kelley.

Ethan and Noah ran off to great Kelley while Anna grabbed her purse off the counter.

Anna: Thank you for doing this I shouldn't be long, be good for Kelley ok.

Noah: We will, mommy.

 Anna: Call me if you need anything.

Kelley: We will be fine.

Anna: Ok, I should go I'll see you guys in a bit.

Ethan: Bye, mommy, I love you.

Anna: Love you too.

Noah: Bye, mommy.

Anna: Bye, buddy.

Anna arrived at the coffee shop 10 minutes later she found a spot not far from the door she sat in her car for a minute before deciding to go inside. She got out of the car and walked towards the door.

When she walked in, she looked around and found Jake sitting at a table waiting for her.

Anna took a deep breath and walked towards him.

When she approached the table, Jake stood up to greet her.

Jake: Hey.

Anna: Hi.