First Night Home

Anna and Jake's first night home with Ethan wasn't as bad as they thought it would be. Anna watched Ethan sleep for a while before Jake told her she should come to bed. When she got in bed Anna told Jake she was so glad that Ethan was finally home with them Jake said how happy he was as well. Ethan woke up three times that night Anna got up with him then Jake took a turn. The third time he woke up was 6 in the morning. Jake heard him crying Anna stirred when she heard him cry as well.

Jake: I got him babe go back to sleep.

Anna: Are you sure? I can get him.

Jake: It's fine I have to get up to run anyway.

Anna: You don't run till 7 it's only 6.

Jake: I'll feed him then put him back down it should be close to 7 when I'm done.

Anna: okay if you're sure? 

Jake: I am I leaned over and gave her a kiss then got up I got Ethan out of the bassinet and took him downstairs to make him a bottle.

Jake changed and fed Ethan then took him back upstairs and put him in the bassinet then got ready for his morning run. Once he knew Ethan was settled he grabbed his phone and left the house.

When Jake returned from his run he saw that both Anna and Ethan were still asleep he decided to jump in the shower and get ready for the day. When Jake got out of the shower and went to get dressed he noticed that Ethan was awake just lying there, looking around.

Jake: Hey buddy should we go downstairs and let mommy sleep?

Anna heard Jake talking to Ethan and decided it was time to get up.

Anna: It's ok I'm up I said as I sat up in bed.

Jake: I was going to let you sleep a little longer.

Anna: It's ok I'm fine I'll get up.

Jake brought Ethan over to Anna so she could cuddle with him.

Anna: Hey Ethan you were so good last night only waking up three times.

Jake: I thought we would be up every hour.

Anna: So did I we got lucky he's a calm baby.

Jake: He is. I'll take him downstairs while you get ready.

Anna: Okay I gave Ethan a kiss then handed him to Jake He started to fuss.

Jake: It's ok mommy will be right back I said to Ethan to calm him down.

Anna: Mommy will be right back Ethan go with daddy ok.

Anna went to get in the shower and Jake took Ethan downstairs and put him in his bouncy chair. When Anna came downstairs after her shower she was about to walk into the family room when her phone went off in the kitchen. She picked it up and saw Chrissie was face-timing her. 

Anna: Hey Chrissie how are you?

Chrissie: I'm great how are you how was your first night with Ethan?

Anna: It was good he woke up three times.

Chrissie: That's it?

Anna: Yep I was surprised too. I thought for sure we would be up every hour.

Chrissie: You've got yourself a good little sleeper.

Anna: I do he's in the other room with Jake would you like to see him?

Chrissie: I would love to.

Anna walked into the room with her phone she sat next to Jake and turned the phone so Chrissie could see him.

Chrissie: Aww he's so cute he looks so much like Jake he's small like you and has your eyes but that's it. 

Anna: I can't wait for all of you to meet him in person.

Chrissie: We can't wait either.

Anna: In a few weeks we will all get together and I'll show him off to you guys.

Chrissie: Sounds good you guys get settled into your new life with baby.

Anna: Thanks well I'll let you go thanks for checking in on us love you.

Chrissie: Love you too.

Anna hung up the phone then cuddled up to Jake while she looked at Ethan she smiled at him and he smiled back at her. Anna couldn't believe how much she loved being a mom there was a time when she thought she didn't want kids. Now she can't imagine not having Ethan in her life.