Nightmare

Anna is now 7 months pregnant her and Jake were sound asleep when all of a sudden Anna sat up in bed she looked around the room it was still dark outside. Anna looked at Jake who was still asleep she got out of bed and went to Ethan's room he was sound asleep she picked him up he stirred a little but didn't wake up.

She sat in the chair with him in the corner she rocked back and forth and just held him while he slept. Meanwhile, in the other room, Jake rolled over to hug Anna but found her side empty he sat up and looked around he checked the bathroom it was empty.

Jake walked into Ethan's room and saw her sitting in the chair with him.

Jake: Hey did he wake up I would have got him.

Anna: No I just wanted to hold him.

Jake: Come back to bed you need to rest.

Anna: I'll be there soon.

20 minutes later Anna returned to bed Jake helped her get back in.

Jake: Why are you up?

Anna: I had a bad dream?

Jake: Why didn't you wake me up?

Anna: You were sound asleep I didn't want to wake you. 

Jake: What was the dream?

Anna: I had a dream that I lost Ethan we were at the park and he just disappeared I couldn't find him anywhere so when I woke up I had to make sure he was ok and I had to hold him and be close to him.

Jake: It's ok babe he's here your fine, try and get some sleep ok?

Anna: I'll try can you just hold me for a while?

Jake: Of course come here I wrapped my arm around my wife and held her.

Anna placed her head on Jakes' chest and slowly started to fall back to sleep as Jake kissed her head and rubbed her stomach he could feel the baby moving around he closed his eyes and went back to sleep.

An hour later Anna was tossing and turning as much as she could for being 7 months pregnant Jake could feel her moving around he woke up and could see she was having another nightmare he gently shook her awake he saw tears pouring down her face. When Anna woke up she sat up and looked at Jake she lunched forward and wrapped her arms around Jake.

Jake: Are you ok?

Anna: No I had that nightmare again.

Jake: The one about Ethan?

Anna: Yeah I don't know what is going on I think I'm going to go downstairs for a while.

Jake: Do you want me to come with you?

Anna: No it's ok, go back to sleep I gave him a kiss then slowly got out of bed.

Anna got out of bed checked on Ethan then went downstairs she watched tv for a while before she finally fell asleep. Jake came down the next morning and found her on the couch he knew she would be sore after sleeping on the couch so he gently picked her up and brought her to bed. He placed her in bed and put the covers over her before heading out for his morning run. 

When he got back he was happy to see that Anna was still asleep he heard Ethan so he went to check on him. Jake walked in and saw Ethan standing in his crib he saw Jake and put his arms up and said dada.

Jake: You have to be quite Ethan mama is still sleeping.

Ethan: Sweep.

Jake: Yeah mama is sleeping ssh.

Ethan copied his dad by putting his finger over his mouth Jake just laughed and got him ready for the day. Jake took Ethan downstairs for breakfast he placed him in his high chair and gave him some cheerios. 

Ethan sat there and shoved cheerios in his mouth while Jake made breakfast for him and Anna. Jake had just finished putting everything on plates when Anna walked into the kitchen.

Jake: Perfect timing babe breakfast is ready.

Anna: I'm not hungry thanks though.

Jake: Are you feeling ok?

Anna: Yeah just sore from sleeping on the couch and Noah keeps moving around I feel a little nauseous.

Jake: Come and sit down I'll rub your back.

Anna: No eat your breakfast before it gets cold.

Jake: I can always make another breakfast come here.

Anna was about to sit down when Ethan dumped cheerios all over the floor Anna was about to start cleaning up when Jake stopped her.

Jake: I got it, go and sit down.

Anna: I can clean up a mess it's fine.

Anna grabbed a broom and dustpan and started to clean up Jake saw Anna put her hand on her back he knew she was in pain but didn't understand why she wouldn't let him help her.

Later on in the day, Jake had gone to the store Ethan was playing in the family room and Anna was in the kitchen getting something to eat and drink when Ethan came running in he wrapped his arms around her leg.

Ethan: Mama up.

Anna: Ethan mommy is busy right now I can't pick you up.

Ethan: Up mama, "peees."

Anna: Ethan I said NO go play with your toys.

Ethan ran out of the room crying. Anna stood there in the kitchen she couldn't believe she just yelled at him like that. All Anna could hear was Ethan crying she stopped what she was doing and went into the family room. Ethan was on the floor crying.

Anna sat on the couch and watched her son cry on the floor.

Anna: Ethan come here mommy is sorry.

Ethan looked up at his mom then put his head back down on the floor and continued to cry.

Anna got up from the couch and got on the floor she touched Ethan's back but he flinched and moved away from her. Anna didn't know what to do she tried to talk to him but he sat up yelled NO then ran out of the room.

Jake came into the house and dropped the bags off in the kitchen he went into the family room and saw Anna sitting on the floor.

Jake: Hey everything ok?

Anna: Yeah can you just help me up I have to find Ethan.

Jake: Yep I walked over to her and helped her off the floor she left the room when she found Ethan he was playing with his cars in the hallway.

Anna: Ethan can you come here.

Ethan: NO

Jake heard what was going on and went to the hallway.

Jake: Ethan that is not how we talk to mommy.

Anna: I yelled at him today and now he is doing it to me.

Jake: What happened?

Anna: I was busy in the kitchen and he wanted me to pick him up I said I couldn't then he asked again and I snapped and yelled no at him he ran off crying.

Jake: I'll talk to him everything will be fine.

Anna: I'll go put the groceries away.

Jake: Ethan can you come here?

Ethan got up and walked over to Jake he hugged him then looked at him. Jake and Ethan talked for a little then Ethan went into the kitchen and hugged his mom's leg. She picked him up and hugged him and said she was sorry. Ethan rested his head on Anna's shoulder she knew he had forgiven her.