Chapter 12~Surprising Turns

Jelloid. That's basically what my heart and brain felt like.

I tried to process underlying truth. My mind went back and forth to thoughts of Ryan and what Kayla just said. I felt so bad about judging Ryan so quickly back at the club.

I don't know why but I want to get to know him and I want him to get to know me. The only problem is that I probably just jeopardised what we could've had.

After the ice cream parlour, we set to drive home and just watch a Melissa McCartney movie to get our minds off the events that had taken place tonight. But knowing Kayla, she always took a surprising turn in things. Literally.

Instead of driving in the direction of my house. She drove in the direction of the...

Oh no. Why, Kayla?

Heading back to a biker's nightclub to finish off the mess I started, didn't sound so pleasant. I would much prefer the Melissa McCartney movie.

"Kayla turn back around"

"Alexis, I know you better than anyone. And I know you are feeling so guilty and shit about yourself. Am I right or am I right?"

"Well considering the options I was given, I don't really have a choice but to say that you are right"

"That's the spirit!"

And we continued our journey to my death.

Kayla parked on the side street this time, so we didn't have eyes looking at us when we were getting out of the car. We walked to the side of the building and I took a deep breath. Brace yourself, Alexis.

"Oh please, Alexis. Stop being so melodramatic"

Did I say that last part out loud?

"Yes you did"

I said that out loud as well. Good start Alexis.

Kayla started to walk to the back of the building. "Kayla, where on Earth are you going?"

"Sweet, sweet Alexis. My little sugar nut let me teach you a little something". Was I just called a sugar nut?

"What is that exactly?"

"There is always a back door"

"Oh no, no, no. Kayla, that's a really bad idea"

"Hush and follow me".

We went to the back and found a silver door on the side of the wall. Kayla turned the knob and the door opened. We entered what looked like the back of the bar. Kayla kept walking around boxes, chairs and rubbish until we found an opening. I followed Kayla through the opening which was an even worse idea. We had ended up behind the bar in the nightclub.

"Well, Alexis. I guess we are bartenders for the night"

"You're joking."

"Nope. Here wear one of these to make it look believable" she handed me a black waiter apron and tied one around her waist as well.

"Let's serve up some martinis"

She pulled glasses from the cabinets and filled with them with different alcohol liquids and then popped an olive on a stick inside each one, whilst I stood there like a scarecrow.

"You're fucking joking"

I turned around and met the eyes of Ryan Einstein. Kayla looked up from the martinis and we both saw the bikers, Ryan, Joshua and Mr Shakespeare Biker next to them.

"Ryan keep your girlfriend tamed. You too Joshua"

Kayla and I's eyes went wide. We were definitely offended. No one could stop me from saying the words I was going to, not even Kayla.

"I don't know who you think you are, but your obnoxious behaviour and incorrect labels for others are not entertaining anyone but yourself".

Need some aloe vera for that burn?

"Woah feisty. I like them feisty"

Ok, who on earth was this drunken idiot that just butted in and ruined my triumphing moment. I was seriously becoming agitated; I came back to clean the mess I started not create another one.

"Why don't you and I take a stroll outside, then I can take you back to my place and we can have a lot of fun"

Ew. He smelt strong of alcohol and was acting like a complete douche. So I decided to fire back at him, but someone else beat me to it.

"I suggest you leave right now before my fist makes contact with your nose"

Oh, thanks Ryan?

But the disgusting drunk dude wasn't going to budge.

"Nah mate, I'm all good to get into her pants..."

Ryan's jaw clenched.

"All I have to do is grab her hand, pull her closer and slip the panties off" the drunk guy cooed in Ryan's ear.

I could see Ryan's tense body ready to let off some steam. His hands were balled up into fists and his lips turned into a thin line. The drunk guy leant even closer and whispered, "What are you gonna do about it?"

He couldn't even talk properly because of how much he had drunk. However, whilst this whole conversation was happening, I had one thought float in my mind. Was Ryan Einstein... jealous?

For some reason, Ryan's body relaxed and he took a glance at me, and just for one long second our eyes just held each other. He then turned to look straight at the drunken guy.

Ryan kept a calm tone, "What am I going to do? Hmm...let's see. How about this?"

The next thing you know, the drunken guy was on the floor with a bleeding nose and everyone else had taken a few steps away from Ryan. Everyone except me.

I was too shocked to move; I was too shocked to even process what had just happened. For one moment we held such a calm feeling, and the next I couldn't even look at him. I had to get out of here, I feel like I'm suffocating from nothing. I regain myself and turn to Kayla and grab her. I drag her out the way we came and I powerwalked to her car.

"Alexis, are you alright?"

But that wasn't Kayla's voice.

"Ryan, why would you do that?!"

Woah. Why was I so mad?

"Muffin, listen to me ok? I didn't mean-"

"What? You didn't mean to punch a guy in public?! Ryan, you could get arrested for that!"

"Yeah, muffin I already know..." he muttered to himself but enough for me to hear.

"You can't just go around hitting people in situations which make you feel uncomfortable. That guy wasn't going to do anything; he was too drunk to even know his name". Ryan knew I was right, he rubbed his hands over his face in frustration.

"But...I-I did it for...you"

All my features softened but I wasn't going to let my guard down.

"Well thanks, but it wasn't necessary. I know how to defend myself, without physically injuring someone"

I turned and walked to Kayla's car. Kayla quietly followed me, sat into the driver's seat and shut the door. I was about to get in but Ryan's words had me stuck in my position.

"You know what, Alexis? If I get arrested, then I don't give a shit. You know why? Simply because I did it for you, and that's enough for me to show you that I actually care".

After that, he turned and walked back inside.

And that was the last of my guard. Ryan Einstein has me under his spell.

What were we doing to each other?

~~~~

https://inkitt.app.link/grace

This is just to support my work's journey, I would highly appreciate if you lovely people visited the quick link.

All love,

G