xiii :: badjao

7:00 PM

Badjao sat up on his bed, restless. He couldn't sleep, so he watched his other two roommates fall asleep.

Ang daya nila, he thought. Nakakatulog sila.

"No, we aren't sleeping," Zild whispered suddenly. Badjao jumped in surprise, almost hitting Zild out of instinct.

"Grabe ka naman nakakagulat ka par!" Badjao exclaimed, his hands on his chest, clutching his heart. Zild laughed and sat up.

"Si Blaster din gising," he whispered. Suddenly, Blaster rose from his bed.

"Ano ba 'yan tumatakas sana ako sa 'yo, Zild, eh. You can read minds pala. Nakakainis." Blaster murmured sleepily. This made Badjao laugh. He was a daily witness of their arguing, but it never failed to put a smile on his face.

"Aba, I read your mind everyday. Pa'no mo nakakalimutan 'yun?" Zild said, no longer in a whisper since everyone was awake anyway. Blaster just scoffed.

"Ano ba, gusto ko lang matulog!" Blaster snapped. Zild just shrugged. He walked to Blaster and sat beside him, which made Blaster flinch.

Badjao smiled to himself. He could feel some chemistry between the two. Although the two aren't always getting along, he knew that they don't really mean what they say to each other.

"'Ziiiiild please 'wag mo kong hawakan," Blaster said, hiding his face. Zild laughed, definitely not bothered. "I'm teasing you...why are you blushing?" he said, laughing. Blaster gritted his teeth, then went to sit beside Badjao.

"Jusko 'wag ka ngang masyadong suplado!" Zild said, laughing. "Before we save the world, we have to have fun muna, 'di ba? Para wala masyadong stress and stuff like that. You're lucky I'm a good friend even though you hate me."

But then Zild winked at Blaster, then said a bit softer, "But I think you like me." Blaster's eyes burned in fury. "Benitez, ano ang--" 

Suddenly, the door swung open. It was Gelo. Badjao quickly pretended to do something while Blaster scurried quickly to his bed, pushing Zild out of the way. Zild fell with a THUD, but the three were used to Zild falling suddenly, nobody cared to help him up.

"Guys, ba't 'di pa kayo tulog?" Gelo asked. He was in white pajamas with small, red and pink hearts, and the three weren't used to it at all. Badjao heard a stifled laughter. Upon realizing it was Zild, he immediately screamed "wag!" but he was a millisecond late.

"K-Kasi..." Zild said, stifling his laughter, "'di kami ma-maka...HAHAHAHAHAHA ANG PANGIT MO GELO!"

"Hindi kami makatulog," Badjao said, trying to hide his smile. "Uh, sorry po for Zild."

Gelo looked down at his pants, then at Zild, who was crying tears of laughter. Gelo sighed, then began to laugh along. "Kasi naman, gising pa kayo. You're not supposed to see it."

Zild looked like he wasn't able to stand up because of his laughter. "E-Eh kasi...alam mo naman na may insomni--HAHAHAHA--insomnia a--ahAHAHAHAHA--ako eh, 'di ba, Ge-Ge--HEHEHE--Gelo?" he said, trying to stand up.

"Oh, sige tulog na kayo," Gelo said, slowly closing the door. When it was around an inch open, he looked at his clothes again and said, "Baka dapat 'di na 'ko magsusuot ng ganito next time," closed the door, and left.

Zild looked at Badjao, who was talking to his bed. Zild walked to Badjao and hit his back.

"hOY PARE MUKHA KANG EWAN KINAKAUSAP MO KUMOT MO!" Zild shouted. Badjao looked at Zild and made a what the hell? face at him.

"Ano ba? I'm telling Tio to stop pestering me! Noong first day pa 'tong nakadikit sa 'kin!" Badjao explained, slightly annoyed at the ghost. Zild just smirked, then looked at Blaster. He put on a face saying that he's plotting sonething on Blaster.