viii :: zild

1:40 PM

"I'll get your drug, but I'll only give it to you once a month ha," Gelo told Zild.

Zild nodded in reply.

These...breakdowns are getting more frequent, Zild thought. Why?

After a while, Gelo got a syringe and injected it to Zild's arm.

"Matulog ka na," Gelo said.

The last thing that Zild saw were the lights in the room flickering before his eyes.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Zild was alone in a room. Across the room was a figure, who was using a phone.

"Don't leave me," the figure said, tearing up.

"Please, we need you. I need you. WHY AREN'T YOU REPLYING?!?!?!?!"

"Oh my gosh please, come back. The band...I...please...mahal kita..."

"Blaster, don't leave me."

Blaster? Zild thought. Bakit Blaster?

And the dream shifted. Zild was standing in front of his house, and he saw his little sister sitting by the doorstep. She was wearing a birthday hat and a beautiful dress, but she was crying.

Zild wanted to speak, but he couldn't.

"Chin-Chin, pasok ka na sa loob," Zild's mom said.

Francine shook her head. "W-Wala s-si K-Kuya...M-Miss ko na s-siya."

Zild wanted to run to her, and hug her, and tell her that everything was alright, but a magical force stopped him from even moving an inch. As if he was forced to watch this scene unfold.

"Francine, your brother needed to go there. He'll be back."

"Promise?" Francine looked at his mother with hopeful eyes.

"Promise."

"Promise," Zild whispered.

The dream shifted once more, and Zild was in front of a stranger. But this was no ordinary dream. Zild found himself holding a hammer. The familiar energy radiating around the room flowed in Zild's body, but this time, Zild didn't want it. His eyes widened in fear when he realized that his body was inching forward.

No! Zild screamed. No! I don't want to kill him!

But Zild's feet controlled itself. He looked at his hand, which was spinning the hammer.

No! Stop! Stop! Zild wanted to stop himself, but he can't.

I'm sorry!!!

Then he woke up.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

7:00 PM

Zild woke up with a jolt. He felt nurses holding him back.

A-Ano'ng nangyari? he asked himself. Why are they holding me back?

He looked at the nurses, trying to see if he can recognize anyone. But they were all wearing masks, so he can't see their faces.

"What happened?" he asked them. None of them said a word. Soon, Zild calmed down and the nurses let him go. Soon, Badjao and Blaster walked in the room.

"Badjie? Ter? Ano'ng nangyari sa 'kin?" he asked them. Badjao sighed.

"Nabaliw ka habang tulog ka," Badjao replied. "Ano bang nakita mo?"