xi :: zild

7:03 AM

Zild, Blaster and Badjao followed Unique in a dark room. His long hair looked wiry in the dim light, and his face looked more ghostly than ever. "Kayong tatlo...kayo ang dahilan kung bakit namamatay ang mga pasyente ko."

Badjao looked at Zild. Blaster fidgeted with his fingers, obviously not listening. Zild flashed a menacing look at Unique and smirked, obviously pleased with Unique's speculation. I mean--he's not wrong. Zild smirked to himself and decided to play a game with Salonga.

"Actually, I'm thinking of something else," Zild said, walking to Unique. He rested his arm on Unique's shoulder and looked at Unique despite Unique's blatant disdain for the curly-haired guy. Zild put on a smug smile. "I think," he began, "that the suspiciousness issue is on you."

Unique put on a look saying that he wasn't surprised. "Ba't naman?" The tension in the room became thicker, making the three nervous. In spite of such, Zild continued on.

Zild sighed, then threw his arms in the air. "Useless! Lammo ba, napakat*nga mo. Alam namin na may mali sa'yo. We went out of control noong pumunta kami rito! Never kami naging out of control. Come on. No more hiding."

Unique rolled his eyes, then gave Zild a glare. "Hindi kita naiintindihan."

Zild laughed, then peered into Unique's soul. "Don't go sh*tting on me. Since day one, ikaw na ang pinakasuspicious sa buong ospital."

Unique raised an eyebrow, obviously unimpressed with Zild's speech. "Kulang ang ebisensya mo, Benitez."

Zild groaned, then stormed away from Unique. Zild was clearly pissed off at Unique. "Ano ba naman! Ang pangit ng acting nito! Guys, alis na tayo."

Unique shook his head and refused to let them leave. "Bawal pa kayong umalis," he said. Zild grunted, then turned to Unique. "Ano na naman, Salonga?"

"Kayo ang dahilan kung bakit namamatay ang mga pasyente ko!" Unique said sternly, which made Zild laugh without humor.

"Well, Mr. Salonga, you can't prove it. In your words, 'Kulang ang ebidensiya mo'. So, boo-hoo. Goodbye." Zild sneered. He looked at his other two roommates who were silent the whole time. "What do you say, guys?"

Badjao nodded. "Tama si Zild. Wala kang evidence, Mr. Salonga."

Zild did a small applause, then turned to Blaster.

"Silonga, any thoughts?" Zild asked, raising an eyebrow. Blaster nodded absent-mindedly.

"Mhm," he said. Zild scoffed. "Pero narinig mo sinabi namin ni BADJAO, 'di ba?"

Unique sighed, obviously defeated. "Ba't ganito?" he muttered to himself. "Walang namamatay sa ospital ko dati nang walang dahilan noong wala pa sila dito. Ta's ngayon..."

"Can we go now, Salonga?" Zild asked impatiently. Unique rolled his eyes and said, "Alis na kayo."

Zild rushed to the door and ran outside. Before he could go outside, Unique stopped Zild. "Pero alalahanin mo ito: alam ko na kagagawan mo ito."

Zild scoffed, then stepped outside, leaving Unique inside. Kapal ng mukha, porket may powers kami, kami agad. Then Zild smiled. In fairness, it's really my fault.

His thoughts were disrupted with a smack on the head from Badjao. "Hey what-?!"

Badjao looked at Zild with a disgusted face. He looked around carefully to see if anyone else was listening, and then he turned back to face Zild. "Par, why do you want him to admit na siya yung kadiliman na sinasabi ni Blaster?" He hit Zild again multiple times, reprimanding him and scolding him. A typical father-and-son scene.

"Sorry po! Sorry po huhuhu," Zild whimpered, raising his hands up in protest. Badjao stopped hitting Zild and sighed. Blaster didn't talk; he was drowned in his thoughts again.

"Balik na nga tayo sa kwarto," Badjao said. "Hinihintay na tayo ni Gelo." Zild then thought of Unique, because of how suspicious he was. Zild glanced over Badjao, and saw that he was thinking about Unique too. Zild looked straight ahead, looking for anything else suspiscious. Then he heard a voice in his head. It was Badjao's thoughts whispering in Zild's ear.

Parang siya nga 'yung kadiliman, Badjao thought. Pero kung Blaster can see the future, bakit di niya sabihin kung sino 'yung dahilan ng kadiliman?

"Because he can't." Zild suddenly said. Badjao looked at Zild, who was looking straight ahead. It seemed like he didn't need to look at people anymore to read their minds, Badjao thought. Zild felt too lazy to answer that one.

"Something unknown is blocking that part. Where the darkness finally reveals himself. Maybe the darkness is blocking it. Ngayon nga eh, medyo blurry na 'yung mga visions niya." Zild said with a melancholy look on his face. "May mali talaga sa lugar na 'to."

Soon, they entered the room. Dr. Gelo was there, making their beds. When he realized that they have arrived, he walked to them and cheerfully greeted them.

"Good morning guys!" he greeted with a smile. "Sa'n kayo galing?"

"For a while I missed that hideous smile of his," Zild muttered to himself. Badjao nudged him and greeted Dr. Gelo.

"Hello Gelo! Sorry, tinawag kasi kami ni Mr. Salonga. May mali daw sa 'min, eh." Zild complained. Gelo looked surprised.

"May mali? Malamang!" Gelo said, scratching his head. "Kaya nga kayo nasa mental, 'di ba? Pero 'wag kayong mag-alala, I'm here to fix you guys." he said with a reassuring look. For the first time on that day, Blaster smiled. Or smirked. Zild wasn't so sure.

Zild smiled and did a high-five with him. "Thanks, Gelo." he said. Dr. Gelo smiled. "Baba na tayo!" he said, walking out of the room. The three followed him.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

7:58 AM

Zild decided to stay quiet for once. He was suddenly not in the mood to talk to the other two, for some reason. As if something has drained all the happiness from him. He stared at the other two, then realized that they felt the same. Then it dawned on Zild.

"Guys, patay tayo. Lumalakas na ang kadiliman," Zild whispered to his roommates. "Nagsisimula na siyang gumawa ng kalokohan."

Zild looked around the hospital, and the patients suddenly became quiet. All the screaming from the patients suddenly became silent muttering and mumbling. Zild winced. He's come, he thought. He looked at Blaster, who stared at his food anxiously. He thought the same thing too. But as quickly as it came, it went away as fast.

Right after that moment, Unique passed by. He was talking to some nurses. Zild glared at Unique. I knew it, he thought. Sabi ko na nga ba, eh. Pero pa'no namin siya mapipigilan?

Zild tried to listen to their faint conversations. He barely understood anything, except a sentence that made Zild's hairs stand on end.

Itago ninyo 'yung folder na 'yon.

Sabi ko nga ba eh, Zild muttered to himself. 'yung put*nginang folder na 'yan. Tama si Blaster.

He glanced quickly at the direction of Blaster, and suddenly, Zild saw a flash of Blaster's mind.

Bricks falling.

Walls collapsing.

Ground shaking.

The folder on the ground.

Zild gasped, then he realized how important the folder was. The only evidence they have against Unique Salonga.

He glanced at Unique again, who was now looking at his direction. Unique turned to the nurses again, and whispered something that Zild couldn't decipher.

Zild grinned nastily. I can read your mind, a**hole.

Don't leave it at three, Unique thought.

Zild thought to himself. I knew it. He blinked, then quickly ran upstairs, dragging Blaster and Badjao with him.