"Because if I take off your handcuffs they'll know I was here and if you are gone, they will be suspicious of you, which won't do any good to my plan of killing Klaus."

"So, you expect me to stay here without doing a thing?"

"I am asking you to stay here and try to make Klaus and his siblings to trust you so we can get them by surprise." Caroline smiled, making Esther smile.

" Caroline smiled, making Esther smile

"You are smarter than you look."

"Of course. We can't let people see how smart and strong we are. If we did, people would know what to expect. This way is more fun."

"I like you." Esther said.

"I have a feeling we will get along very well." Caroline smiled. "I should leave before they appear to see you."

Caroline took away the snacks and put them back in the kitchen, then she vamp speed away.

***

Klaus went to his mansion, grabbed two apples and went to the basement to see his mother.

"Hello, Mother!" Klaus said. "I hope you are happy. Thanks to you, Caroline and I have no longer a relationship."

"Why would I be happy for that? What happened?" Esther asked, faking to be surprised.

"Caroline was tortured and someone made her hate me and forget about our relationship. I don't know if she's compelled or cursed or what but something is going on and why wouldn't I believe you were part of it."

"Klaus I've been starving in here and these handcuffs don't allow me to perform magic." Esther said.

"Then who could have done such a thing?"

"I don't know, Niklaus. You have made many enemies, especially among witches." Esther said.

"It's not my fault that you, witches, are a pain in the arse." Klaus said upset.

"I'm sure things will solve themselves."

"Caroline hates me. She wants to kill me. I tried to lock her up until I could figure out what happened and how to get my Caroline back but she ran away." Klaus said in an angry tone, then whispered. "I can't lose her. She was the only one who saw good in me when everyone saw me as a monster."

"My child, everything will be okay

"My child, everything will be okay. I would love to help you but I can't. And I know that you will get through this, my sweet boy." Esther smiled.

"She's the love of my life. I'm nothing without her." Klaus said, meaning it. "She was the only woman who I saw myself getting married with..."

"Niklaus, if there is anything I can do..."

"Right now, you can't do anything." Klaus whispered and left, making Esther smile by noticing how Klaus was no longer accusing her of things.

Next on Fake Relationship

"Are you having doubts?"
***
"What? That's too dangerous."
***
"I just hate seeing you walk away from me."