Pt. 14: Learn About Yourself

Começar do início

"I wouldn't have taken you for a seamstress." Luna looked up and gave Loki a smirk.

"Oh, Loki, there's a lot you don't know about me."

"I bet I could figure you out. I happen to be a very perceptive person." Loki leaned a bit closer to her side. Needle safe in hand, Luna mirrored his action.

"Go right ahead. Many men have tried."

"I think you will find me to be no mere man." He gave her a smirk of his own, accepting her challenge.

"Oh, of that, I am sure," she stated, leaning back and resuming her task. Loki eyed her for a few more seconds before picking his book back up and continuing the story.

Growing discontent with the silence, Luna reached for the stereo remote, turning the machine on and pressing play. She paid no mind to the album currently sitting in the slot. Whatever played would be better than the quiet. Luckily, the smooth R&B voice of Frank Ocean flowed through the room, setting the perfect pace for the activities the two were up to.

Luna nodded her head to each song, an expression of bliss on her face as she sewed up every rip and tear she could. Occasionally, she would find Loki glancing over at her, most likely to make sure she wasn't doing any unnecessary tampering.

Humming along to 'Pyramids,' Luna lifted her head and massaged her hands, paying special attention to her pin-pricked fingers. She took her glasses off and rubbed her eye, moving her head in Loki's direction. With his hair tied back, she could admire the full expanse of his beautiful profile. He looked better and better each day she saw him. Hopefully, it wasn't wishful thinking.

The angles of his face had grown softer from what she had seen in the security videos. His hair was different too. It lay soft and wavy instead of slick and straight. It looked a little more him if that made any sense.

"Have you always had long hair like that?" Luna wondered aloud, instantly regretting the words as they left her mouth. However, Loki answered her before she could take back the question.

"It was shorter at one time, not unlike yours." She lifted a hand and touched the freshly-cut strands at the back of her neck.

"Have you ever thought about cutting it?" She clenched her hand, backtracking as fast as she could. "You know what? That's too personal. Forget I asked." Loki let out a dry laugh.

"I have, but I'm used to this now." He gestured to his head. Luna observed the few loose strands tucked behind his ear.

"It's nice," she said. Clearly, Loki responded well to diplomacy and respect. Luckily, for the two of them, she was good at both.

Finishing the last stitch, Luna cut the thread and packed away her supplies. The cape was done for the most part. Loki was a tall person, so there was a lot to his clothes. The other pieces would get the attention they deserved at a later time. Folding each piece neatly, Luna placing the cape on the bottom of the small pile, and carried it back to her closet along with her sewing supplies.

Luna didn't take work home often, but this new project just so happened to require her to do so, at least for now. She picked up her lab notebook and a folder full of print-outs and brought it back to the living room. It was something she had always done by herself as there was more room to spread things out. Having a long-term guest did little to deter her from her habit.

Returning to her spot beside him, she opened up her notebook and looked through each print-out, comparing and contrasting any ideas she had, both new and old. In the process of jotting down her interpretations of evidence, she had noticed Loki peaking over every so often. Granted he was sneaky, but she had years of practice in keeping her work safe, especially in front of other people. But none of those people had ever been the muse behind her mind.