Pt. 70: The Bubble Bursts

A/N: Hey y'all! Been a while, I know, but I had assignments to do and I was forced to put off all fanfic writing for a few weeks there. Anywho, here we go again! As a lil sidenote, one of my readers (you know who you are) wrote a cute oneshot of Luna and Loki, so I figured I'd share it with all of you! I found it so cute and I am legit living for it X3 I think about it at least once a day. Like, y'all make art inspired by my art??? Amazing <3 Also, it's been 3 years since I started this fic! Wowza! Posted the first chapter on Tumblr on April 9, 2018, and I never had cause to regret it :D Also been a while since we had a bit of music up in here, so I put some!

Fanwork by Kaogasm: https://archiveofourown.org/works/30441753

The Soundtrack So Far: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0XFn64nglHcWqg4R8809Gg?si=wq_JXcHbTUGneuV38NVDkw

You Look So Good In Blue: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3Q0fUqZM9G5XcefGCh30uo?si=KFOt-B1GT7SPCNEp6Zz9yQ

----------

Luna awoke the next day to a room lit up in the sunlight. She opened her eyes slowly, closed them, and opened them again. Stretching her arms out, she felt the expanse of bed on either side of her. It was still odd to sleep on a mattress larger than the petite twin in her apartment, but she enjoyed the space.

As Luna got up to use the washroom, a giddy smile emerged on her face. She'd done it. Finally, she'd done it. She'd kissed the love of her life and told him so, and better yet, he felt the same. It was no secret between them, but it was something else to hear him say "I love you" and feel his lips move a hair's length away from hers. It was other-worldly, and she couldn't wait to do it again.

The thought crossed her mind the previous night as Loki walked with her back to her room. Luna was tempted to invite him in to stay and lay with her, but she knew better. She'd find every excuse just to stay awake and enjoy his company, and they both knew they needed rest, so she let him go. Foolish of her because she stayed up late anyway, thinking about him and how he made her feel. It was the last thing on her mind as she eventually dozed off and, incidentally, the first thing upon her waking.

Luna rinsed the soap from her face and patted her skin dry. It still tingled from her new lover's loving touch, and she bit her lip with glee. Was this the 'honeymoon phase' she always heard about? Funny, she never thought she'd be there. She'd dealt with many problems with Loki. He'd already seen her on bad days, and she'd seen him on his. There was nothing to hide or romanticize. Perhaps it was simply love making her skip out of the washroom. Whatever the name for it was, she was happy in her little bubble of love, safe and kept away from the world.

Feeling up to it, Luna turned on the smart monitor and scrolled through the available music selection. She flipped through the many genres and artists but quickly got overwhelmed, so she opted to see what was new concerning her favorite artists. The list was long and exhaustive, and her mind wandered while dozens of names moved past her eyes. Soon, one name stuck out, and she gasped in remembrance.

"Oh, yes! Janelle!" Luna breathed in excitement and pressed play. She'd anticipated 'Dirty Computer' for weeks, and now – though she was late – it was finally here.

Swaying to 'Pynk,' she sifted through her little collection of clothes in search of a suitable outfit. She shook out a pair of sleek black pants and shimmied them over her hips. She checked them in the mirror and nodded in satisfaction but caught the dark scar on her bare back. Falling serious, she touched it with her fingertips and turned around to look at the one on her abdomen, the entry to the exit. They weren't massive, but they felt thick and stretched. They didn't hurt, but their pain was fresh in her mind. Sometimes, the deep burning revisited her in her dreams, reminding her of what she escaped. Thankfully, the nightmares had left her alone last night. She was happy she got a night of peace, and though she couldn't remember the details, she knew her dreams had been sweet and comforting.