Wish Come True [Romara]

A/N

Inspired by songs "No one mourns the wicked" And "Thank goodness" from Wicked the musical.

The Admin was dead.

That was what the whole of Beacon Town was talking about. In every street and every house, in every room and every square, that's what all the talks were about. The Admin was dead.

Finally, after three days and night of persuading Jesse to murder that beast, the mayor gave people a choice, allowing them to vote. Two metal boxes, a white one and a black one, were put in the main square, and every citizen was supposed to put a note with their name in one of those boxes. If they put it in the white one, they voted for the Admin to be left alive.

And in the other, they would vote for his execution.

With heavy heart, Jesse had to announce, one day later, that the black box had been filled. The white one stood empty. And therefore, the whole Town made its decision, all people together on this one.

And the Admin was murdered.

"Executed." They claimed with wide grins of joy as they recalled the memory of his death. "Put down like a beast he was."

Everybody saw it. They wanted to be sure he died, they wanted to be sure he wouldn't somehow survive through his ultimate punishment. And some people just wanted to watch, just wanted to enjoy the last moments of the man, who had put them through so much pain and suffering.

Jesse couldn't raise his hand to perform the final strike, so his friend, Petra, had to do it for him. Some claim that the moment her sword pierced the body of the monster, her eyes filled with horror. Other insist that she was smiling throughout all the process, and, honestly, it all happened so fast that nobody could understand exactly what was going on.

And after that, there was the celebration. People laughed and cheered, congratulating each other and spitting on the place, where just a puddle of blood reminded about what had just happened. Jesse took the Admin's body away, so that he could bury it like a normal person. Petra couldn't be seen anywhere as well.

But in the middle of the laughing and hooting crowd, a single person stood, unmovable, unknown and unreal. Her eyes were glued to that puddle of dry blood, and she winced every time some citizen spat in it. The whole Town was moving around her, but she didn't bother even flinch, even take a step back to allow somebody pass. She didn't notice them, and they didn't notice her, as if they belonged to two completely different worlds.

Xara smiled, a bit unsure of herself. She didn't know what to feel, what to think, what to believe. But she couldn't be happier. What she had always dreamed about had finally come true. Her worst enemy was dead now, dead once and for all.

What not to be happy about?

She made her way over to the only empty street she could find, bumping into people but not even understanding it. They glanced at her, blinked once, but then immediatelly continued with their celebration. The weird woman with purple hair was forgotten the second after she disappeared from view.

Xara didn't mind. She was walking slowly, not able to look up from the pavement. The sun was shining brightly above her, the wind felt cool and foreign on her pale skin. It hadn't been even a day since she went up from her broken world... And she instantly found herself in the middle of the holiday.

The woman walked down the street, one of her hands tracing weird symbols on the wall. Cold bricks under her fingertips almost pulsated with laughter at the situation.

The Admin was dead.

Xara hadn't seen it herself. She just knew it happened. Every story she heard matched all the others, so it had to be the truth. Her wish had come true, that wish she had made the first day in Sunshine Institute. Of course, there were no stars to wish upon, so...