Something's Wrong [Axelivia]

Olivia's POV.

Something wasn't right.

I knew it. I knew it way before Jesse came to Redstonia, asking for me to come back to Beacon Town and not mentioning a reason. It was like the air itself turned against me, began acting hostile. Every breath I took, every time I blinked, all of this was watched by somebody. Never could I see them, but I knew they were there. Stalking me, playing with me like an ocelot plays with its prey.

I shivered, walking down the empty halls of the Order Hall. This place hasn't changed that much, but it wasn't the same. All the pictures on the walls, all bright colours and our tropheys became agressive. No matter, how hard I tried, I couldn't make myself feel home again. This - this was no home. More like a prison.

My footsteps were as silent as it was possible. Whether I wanted it or not, I had to learn not to make much sound anymore. The laughter and happy chats were gone now. Disappeared, vanished in the air.

I still tried though. Tried to act like everything was normal, that nothing much had changed. I knew that this is what Axel had to see, what he had to think and believe. I would never want him to be in danger.

The empty space looked grand indeed, but that only made it more hostile. Where, oh where were the giddy people trying to get Jesse's permission for something? Where was the familiar scent of cookies and pies, where was all the happiness this place had once posessed?

They all crippled down when Jesse changed.

Perhaps, it was just my imagination. Perhaps, nothing bad was going on, and I was just overthinking, like sometimes happened. All those excuses, all those variants were buzzing in my head like a pit full of endermites, but I knew that this is what they were. Just pathetic excuses I had tried to come up with to explain what was happenning to Jesse.

A couple of guards passed by, gazing me up and down. I nodded meakly, trying to look brave when, in fact, I was not. These golems... They weren't natural. Despite they were just a bunch of redstone-powered mechanisms, the power they posessed was demonic. Corrupted, twisted, even evil.

How had Jesse even got his hands on his things?! He was never good at engineering, nor did he have a love for golems, especially as creepy as these ones. But then again... He wasn't the same Jesse anymore, was he?

A dark knot that I had been carrying in my body ever since coming back throbbed painfully. Whatever happened to him, he wouldn't talk about it, he wouldn't even stand a mention of it.

I let out a breath when I saw the familiar door. Once emerald-green, now the colour reminded that of a swamp or a zombie. It didn't change, it was the same, but different. Something changed about it, something that couldn't be seen with an eye.

I knocked on the door, looking around in order to make sure nobody was watching me. The hallways seemed empty, but I couldn't be sure that's what they really were. In a very, very small amount of time I had to get used to the fact that things are never exactly as they seem.

- Who is there? - Axel asked from behind the door, and his voice was worried. I pressed my body against the iron, but it felt hot against my frozen body.
- It's me. - I whispered, trying to sound as reassuring as possible. Although it wasn't easy, considering he could appear any moment. And I was rather sure he wouldn't approve of our behavior.

The locks clicked and the door slid open, but just a bit. I squeezed myself through the tight space, holding my breath and pressing my hands to my sides. Big and warm arms grabbed my shoulders and pulled me out of the doorway, and the door was pushed back on its place. The locks clicked once again, bringing both fear and relief in my head.