five

chapter 5

donghyuck decided to stay in nct dream's dorm for a while. the members was fond of the idea, also to keep donghyuck company before he heads home for vacation. at first, he was against the idea because he won't get to see mark, but after his boyfriend convincing him that everything will be alright, and that he'll visit him when he has time, he agreed.

"hyung, mark-hyung said that he'll be dropping by to get some things earlier." jisung said, catching the tanned male's attention.

donghyuck sighed, "that's good because he told me that he'll visit me here but i never saw him nor his shadow once." he looked at his phone, but he saw none. he eas expecting that maybe mark would also tell him.

but he saw nothing. mark never called him nor texted him once. "maybe he just wanted to get rid of me that's why he told me those things." a bitter chuckle escaped his lips. "stupid of me not to realize it the soonest."

"hyung, don't say that..." chenle sat beside him and rubbed his back. the older buried his face on his palms. "we all know that mark-hyung loves you."

jisung nodded and sat across the two of them. "mark-hyung might not say it often but i swear he loves you so much, hyuck-hyung." he said and shot donghyuck an apologetic look, even if the other couldn't see it. "like for example, chenle and i fight most of the time, but that's literally how we express our love for each other."

chenle laughed, agreeing at what the younger said, "it's true."

"but my situation is different from yours..." donghyuck sobbed. "i don't think he—"

the doorbell rang, and jaemin ran towards the door. "i'll get it, you guys!!" he said.

the tanned male sighed and wiped his tears away. chenle and jisung looked at hin with pure sympathy. it's their first time to see donghyuck hurt like this, and it also pained the two of them as his friends.

"hyuck, mark-hyung is here..." jaemin entered the room with a huge smile on his face, thinking that his friend might be excited to finally see his boyfriend, but no. the other male lied down on the couch and faced the other way.

mark sighed upon seeing his boyfriend act this way. it wasn't the first time, though. he signaled the others to go to their respective rooms first. they nodded and went on their way. as for chenle, he went to jisung's room for a while.

"hyuck..." he said, sittiing on the opposite side of the couch. not getting any response, he decided to scoot closer. "baby?"

"don't 'hyuck' me." donghyuck harshly said before standing up.

mark could only raise an eyebrow at the limping male who's trying to walk away from him. he sighed and stood up, following donghyuck who was having a hard time walking.

"go ahead, walk and walk. strain your foot more so that it would get worse." donghyuck could be stubborn at times, and mark won't deny that. "yah, won't you listen?"

he watched the younger walk away from him. mark sighed and decided to walk towards him and carry him like a baby.

"n-no! put me down!" the younger squirmed in mark's hold.

mark shook his head. "no. you listen to me, donghyuck." he sighed and stopped walking as he looked at donghyuck's almost-crying-face. "look, i'm sorry, okay?" he started to calm down and started walking.

for a moment, he almost lost his control of himself and almost shouted at donghyuck. he continued walking and headed towards the younger's room.

mark placed donghyuck down on the bed gently as he sat on the other side. the younger grabbed his blanket and immediately covered his whole body with it.

"you really won't listen to me..." mark sighed and shook his head. "what am i going to do with you..." he looked at the lump of blanket in front of him.

there's no way donghyuck was sleeping. he was just probably saving himself from embarrassment.

mark lied down on the bed next to him and decided to wrap his arms around the younger. "fine, i'll talk and you better listen." he took a deep breath beforw talking. "i'm sorry if i didn't come here like i promised you before you leave our dorm..."

"schedules just become hectic because of the year-end music shows, and i just had to work the hardest." he chuckled. he then sat down and removed the blanket that was covering the younger's face. his face immediately softened when he saw the younger crying.

sighing, mark pulled him up and cupped his cheeks. "hey why are you crying?" he wiped the younger's tears away.

the younger shook his head and just leaned his head on mark's shoulder. the two of them had their backs against the bed's head rest, while their lower body was covered with the blanket from earlier. their hands were intertwined, and hyuck's head was on the older's chest.

"i just missed my mark-hyung so much." he said as he hugged the older.

mark chuckled as he hugged the younger back. "i missed my baby too..." the statement made the younger smile. "hold up, i'll just call our manager for a bit."

"huh? why?"

"i don't wanna leave you here alone..." mark smiled. "i'll tell him to bring some clothes over and i'll stay here a little longer..." he looked at his boyfriend who was smiling from ear to ear. "we'll just be here inside the room, watching television, and maybe cuddling if you like. how does that sound?"

"the best... i love you, mark-hyung..."

"i love you too."

—tbc.
yes, it's almost 1 am, and yes i'm still up. i rlly waited for superhuman but i'm okay with sm's last minute clownery like what happened with the firetruck mv🤠 anyways, i'm sure it'll be the best comeback ever... sksksk who am i kidding their comebacks are always the best sksjsjsjs

good morning/night!💜