30

Chloe entered class. All eyes were on her, but she couldn't care less. She sent a quick glare towards Lila, who only smirked back at her. Gritting her teeth, Chloe took a seat. She was going to get revenge at Lila for doing this.

Miss. Bustier entered the class and turned to her class. "Class, today we have a new student joining us. I hope you treat her with kindness and welcome her to our school."

Chloe straightened up at the mention of the new student. She, along with the rest of the class, watched as the new student walked in.

A short teenage girl with chin-length orange hair that was styled  in a bob-cut, eyes sea green, and light pink lips walked in (Thank you, Google). She waved at the class shyly and introduced herself.

"Hi, I'm Sabrina. Sabrina Raincomprix."

"Sabrina, you can sit right next to Chloe Bourgeois."

Sabrina nodded and went and sat next to Chloe. She gave Chloe a little wave, in chich the blonde girl ignored. Sabrina turned the other way, and listened to the teacher, but she couldn't help noticing that Chloe looked back at her once in a while.

-lunchtime-

"Sabrina!" Lila stood up and waved her arms so Sabrina could see her. "Come sit over here with us."

Sabrina nodded, liking the idea of sitting with a couple of girls from her class. At first she thought it was going to be hard to make friends, but it seemed easier. She walked over and sat next to Lila.

"I never got a chance to say welcome," Lila smiled at her. "So, welcome to College Fran Dupont. I'm Lila Rossi."

"Thank you, and hello." Sabrina smiled at her. This girl looked way nicer than that blonde haired girl she was sitting next to.

"Anyway, I'm so sorry that you're sitting right next to Chloe. I feel so bad for you." Lila looked down at the table as she picked up her spoon.

"Chloe? Chloe Bourgeois, daughter of your Mayor. Wow, I didn't think that I would get to meet her in person."

"Don't look so happy!" Lila warned. "She may be the daughter of the Mayor, but she's a total brat. You should stay away from her. She lies a lot. But it's okay, just hang with us and we'll protect you from Chloe."

Sabrina nodded.

"Yeah," Another girl sitting at their table exclaimed. "Chloe probably didn't stay at school for lunch because she knew no one was going to sit with her."

"Oh, wait, you're wrong." Lila pointed at Chloe, who had just walled in. "There she is. How could she come back even after everything she did?!"

Chloe heard them, but ignored them. She just took her tray of lunch and headed to an empty table.

"Ha! Everyone's going to watch her sit and eat alone. Does she really want that?!" Lila laughed. "Doesn't she know this is basically ruining her reputation?!"

Sabrina bit her lips and looked back at Chloe. "Why are you all picking on her? She doesn't look that bad."

"Are you serious?!" Lila turned to Sabrina. "Chloe is the biggest liar ever. I'll tell you why later."

Marinette could overhear the girls talking, and honestly, who couldn't? Lila was talking so loud, trying to make Chloe hear her on purpose. She sighed and stood up.

"Mari, where are you going?" Alya looked up at her frien. She, and everyone else watched as she went and sat right next to Chloe. Chloe looked up, surprised.

"What are you doing?! Why are you sitting her?!" Chloe demanded. She couldn't help but feel that Marinette had attracted more attention. People whispered to each other, they talked, and they gossiped.

"Don't worry, Chloe," Marinette smiled. "I believe you."

"What?"

"I believe you." Marinette repeated. "I think Lila was lying, and I believe you. I saw the both of you in my room, and Lila has got no real proof that you were actually the thief."

Chloe's mouth hung opened. Those who also heard Marinette were surprised, including Lila. Lila quickly stood up and walked over to them, ready to make a scene.

"But Marinette," she reminded. "Your sketchbook was in Chloe's bag. That's real proof!"

"No, it's not." Marinette exclaimed. "You know what a real proof will be? If you have proof of Chloe taking the sketchbook on her own and putting it in her bag!"

Lila clenched her fists. And then, to her total shock, she noticed Alya, Nino, and most importantly, Adrien, coming over to sit with Chloe again. "B-but... But..." She tried to speak, to find something to say, but no words could form out of her mouth. Angry and defeated, she went back to her spot.

"I...I don't get it," Chloe looked down. "Why are you helping me? I mean, do you really believe me, even after everything I did to you? Even after hurting you?"

Marinette nodded. "I believe everyone deserve a second chance, that is if they are willing to change. The reason I don't believe Lila is because I've known her for a liar ever since I met her. Plus, you denied the whole thing. Usually you just admit to everything you did, but then try to get away with it because you're the Mayor's daughter."

Lila still couldn't this was happening. Marinette was ruining her whole entire plan. Finally she stood up and started heading back to them. This time she noticed that Sabrina followed. Once Lila got there, she sat down, making sure she was sitting right next to Adrien.

"Listen," She spoke. "I wasn't lying, but I'll tell you the whole truth. The reason Chloe and I tried to break into the bakery was because Chloe believed Marinette had some secret she was hiding. She believed that because we overheard Alya saying it."

A sweat ran down Alya's cheeks. She felt even more mad as Lila continued to speak.

"So yes, our main goal was to find Marinette's secret, but we didn't, so in the end Chloe took Marinette's sketchbook. I swear this is the truth. I would never lie when it comes to something as serious as this."

Everyone on that table all turned to Chloe, who didn't speak for a while. Finally Chloe stood up, and ran out of the school, leaving her unfinished lunch behind.

-After school-

Alya walked out of the school, and quickly ran towards the back of the school, where Nino was waiting for her.

"Nathalie is going to come soon to pick Adrien up. She's going to give us the sign to start the trap," Nino explained. "Lila has turned into a a bigger brat, and even though Chloe might had suggested it in the beginning to find out Marinette's secret, it's still partly Lila's fault. She's lying about everything now."

"Not exactly everything," Alya spoke. "Why would Chloe run out if she was innocent? Why didn't she speak up for herself? Well, maybe it was because some part of what Lila said was true."

"I don't know, but this is getting harder and harder." Nino sighed. After a few seconds later, he spoke. "Oo, I see Adrien's ride. Come on, lets go."

Alya followed Nino back to the front. There they could see Adrien, and Lila, who was trying to retell the whole story she was making up. The limo door opened and Kagami climbed out. It made Marinette look a bit suspicious, but she ignored it and continued her way back home. After all now, she was dating Chat.

Nathalie gave them a thumbs sign to start the trap. Kagami walked over to Alya and Nino, carrying a bag. The bag was full with a abunch of clothing including huge hats and glasses. These were the disguises they were going to wear to follow Lila.

They quickly started putting on their hats and glasses. Kagami wore a mask that cover her whole face; Nino and Alya wore glasses and hats to cover a bit of their eyes. If they looked down, no one would be able to see their faces.

"Quick, she's leaving now," Kagami motioned towards Lila, who had finished waving at Adrien, and turned to start going home, or anywhere else she was going.

Nino smirked. "Then, lets do this!!"