14

-Edited-

Adrien sighed, pacing around his room. It was still 6:45am. It had taken him and Ladybug about two hours to defeat the villain.

He then remembered that he had to pick Marinette up at 8:25 so they could got to school together.

After what happened, he hadn't been feeling too well. He was so confused. Ladybug had told him countless of times that she didn't like him, but then at the villain battle, it was him she fell out of love with. Wasn't she supposed to fall out of love with the one she actually loved?

He sighed. This was getting harder and harder every minute. The door bell suddenly rang, startling him. He got up from bed and went to open the front door.

"Hey Kagami, what are you doing here so early?" He waved at her and opened the door for her to come in.

Kagami walked inside. "I... I saw what has been going on online." A smirk now replaced her smile. "About you and Marinette. I noticed that you haven't been doing anything about it, which means that you really do like her."

Adrien groaned. This again?

"Now, don't give me that look!" Kagami exclaimed. "Listen, you are totally horrible when it comes to girls. Why don't you just tell her how you feel, or are you scared?"

Adrien frowned and looked up at her. "I am not scared. Kagami, you misunderstood the first time."

"I didn't misunderstand anything," Kagami urged. "You love her and you know it! Just walk up and tell her how you feel. There's nothing wrong with doing that. Plus she also likes you."

"I know, I know. I just... I just don't want to tell her now, you know," Adrien looked down. Especially with everything going on with Ladybug.

Kagami bit her lip. Alya had sent her here to come and talk to Adrien, though it wasn't looking too well.

Yes, after she found out that Alya and Nino were trying to bring the two together, she had decided to join as well. She knew telling Adrien to go for Marinette wasn't going to do anything, but it was worth a try.

"But Adrien! What if she comes to confess to you instead? What are you going to say to her? You aren't going to reject her, right? And then everyone would think you two aren't dating."

Who cares what everyone else thinks?Damn, screw them and their rumours.

But he did admit, he felt a little scared. He didn't want Marinette to come and confess to him. He wasn't sure if he would be saying yes, and he didn't want to hurt her.

If he did reject her, people were going to start another rumour. What if this time the rumour they make would have something to do with Marinette?

Or what if they decided that he doesn't like girls at all, and perhaps liked boys. Or liked no gender at all.

Whatever the next rumour was, he knew it wasn't going to be so great.

"Kagami, you misunderstood! It's not Marinette that I like!" He blurted. "It's Ladybug!"

Kagami froze in her spot. She stared at Adrien. "B-but why? Why her? How is Ladybug better than Marinette?!"

Adrien was taken aback by the question.

If you love Ladybug, then I assure you that Marinette is no different.

How is Ladybug better than Marinette?

Who do you think Ladybug is under the mask?

"I-i don't know. She was my first crush, and I don't want to give up on her yet-"

"But didn't you hear her?!" Kagami yelled, raging. "Ladybug already has someone else. Even Chat Noie got rejected by her too. Why do you think Ladybug would make a great match? I mean, I think Marinette is better."

"Think about all those things she did for others. She helped a lot of students. When she wants to get angry, she doesn't. Instead she calms down and let it slide. She solved problems, and asks for help when she needs it. She is such a nice girl, Adrien.

"Do you only love Ladybug because she saves the day, because you think she is better? I'd hate to see Marinette get hurt. How is she going to feel when she find out that you don't like her, but Ladybug?"

"Kagami, do you... Do you hate Ladybug!" Adrien frowned. Kagami struck him. He knew she was right, and it's what he'd been telling himself it's what Alya had also been telling him.

"I don't hate her," Kagami folded her arms and looked away. "I just think Marinette is better. She's not a superhero yet she's able to make someone smile. She is able to help someone, and it doesn't involve being a super hero. Sure, Ladybug saves the day, but so what? I think it's a little bit too much that you love Ladybug and not Marinette."

Kagami sighed. Two months ago when she had walked inside Adrien's room, she had caught the Ladybug dolls there. She had seen a paper with words in it. It was like a diary, and he was explaining how he loved Ladybug.

Yes, she knew he had a crush on Ladybug, but after a while, she thought maybe his crush on her had faded. And maybe he had started liking Marinette.

Seems like she was wrong. She didn't hate Ladybug. She thought Ladybug was so cool too, but she felt a little angry that Ladybug had been the one in his heart and not Marinette.

To her, she thought Marinette was way better, way braver. Without her powers, would Ladybug be able to fight off those villains. Without her powers, would Ladybug be who she was today?

Marinette, she did everything absolutely with no power. She made clothes with her own hands. She helped others with her own hands and brain. She didn't think Adrien would pick her over Marinette.

Adrien gave her a small smile. "Well, thanks for telling me that, but you didn't let me finish.

"The thing is; I do love Ladybug, and I still do. But I also love Marinette. I've come to think of her as more than a friend. I used to think that my feelings for Marinette was just friendly feelings. But then I started to get jealous when she was with Luka. I started to get worried when she was not around. I couldn't go two minutes without wondering whether she was okay or not.

"And thank you, Kagami, for being here and telling me this. If you weren't here at all, I would still be battling on who I liked and who I wanted as just a friend. Alya also helped, though she was s bit confusing.

"If Marinette confesses to me, I am going to say yes to her, but I'll hesitate, because I'm afraid if I start dating Marinette, I'll still have feelings for Ladybug, which isn't fair to Marinette-"

"-Adrien," Kagami caught him off. "Just tell her how you feel. Just tell Marinette that you love Ladybug, but you also love her. Just tell her what you just told me."

Adrien sighed. "It's not going to be easy-"

"I didn't say it was going to be easy." Kagami smiled. "I just said to tell her. Maybe if you listen to what she has to say, it will make it easier for you."

Adrien nodded. "Okay. Okay, I will."