Chapter Six - Torture

Sorry for the late update guys. I had no wifi or even cellphone reception yesterday.

Mature content warning ahead.

———————————————————————————

When Azalea awoke again, it was dark outside. For a moment she almost thought that she was back in her dorm again. What was more shocking was the inexplicable calm that overcame her when she became aware of her surroundings. She shifted in her position slightly. Shuffling and low whispers were heard in the hall outside of her cell. Moving closer to the cell door, Azalea realized that the gate was was closed, but not locked.

Azalea heard voices in the hallway, but she could not make out what was being said. She reached out tentatively to touch the gate, but suddenly stopped, pulling her hand back. Suddenly, the whispers stopped and footsteps were heard, but they led away from her, to where Azalea could only imagine was the exit to this dungeon.

She glanced up at the cell across from her. Garrick appeared to be asleep and just as well. The last thing she needed right now was someone to lecture her on her stupidity for "not escaping while she had the chance".

She crawled back against the far cell wall and leaned her back onto it. Azalea gingerly extended her hand to examine it and was pleasantly surprised to discover that it was not unbearably painful to move it.

Hurried footsteps brought her out of her thoughts. Within seconds, her cell door slammed open and Azalea immediately averted her gaze upon smelling the familiar scent of honey and citrus.

Why the hell would you remember her scent?

Azalea mentally reprimanded herself as she quickly assumed a kneeling position. To her astonishment and utter shock, the Queen crouched in front of her and grabbed her hand silently. She examined the bandages and gently applied slight pressure, observing the younger girl's reaction. Azalea bit her lip in mild discomfort, but did not withdraw her hand. After several moments, Renée stood up once more.

"Well it appears that your hand will not be permanently damaged." She muttered, almost to herself.

"Th-Thank you, your majesty." Azalea stuttered. The Queen observed the trembling girl in front of her for a moment before threading her fingers into her hair and pulling her up forcefully.

"Excellent...now we may begin." She smirked evilly at Azalea.

"B-begin?"

"Follow." Renée's command held authority that left no room for discussion. She turned and swiftly exited the cell. Azalea stumbled forward after standing still for a moment. Garrick had awoken and she could see the prisoner staring at her with a blank expression as he watched her follow the Queen down the dungeon corridor. Azalea realized that her clothes weren't the only thing different about her. Her blonde hair was slightly longer and in delicate braids.

"Girl!" Azalea's head snapped up as she quickly hurried her pace to catch up to the Queen, who was waiting impatiently at the bottom of a staircase. Azalea's eyes brightened as she spotted the light escaping the window in the door at the top.

Renée almost sneered at the young girl's reaction, but she resisted. They ascended the staircase up to the ground floor where Renée reached inside her bodice and pulled out a set of keys, unlocking the main doors before bringing them within Azalea's reach with a smirk, offering them to the girl teasingly. She usually opened the door with magic, but she was quite curious as to Azalea's reaction to the perceived freedom.

Azalea froze as the thought to snatch the keys crossed her mind.

She has guards everywhere and she has magic.