Chapter Three - Confusion

"The girl is awake!" A masculine voice barked loudly, causing Azalea to wince. She felt as though her head had been struck by a hammer. Her eyelids weighed at least a tonne and she struggled to open them. Suddenly, she was shaken roughly and something struck her face.

"Open your eyes, you stupid girl!" Azalea gasped as she was slapped again. Her eyes finally shot open. Her eyes immediately made contact with a large, burly man. "Finally." He rolled his eyes at her. The man donned all back with a cloak and several weapons attached to his waist. He appeared to be straight out of a medieval movie.

Azalea's eyes immediately widened. "Wh-who are you?!" She demanded. "How did you get in my d-"

It was then that she realized she was no longer in her dorm. She froze as she noticed the room she was in. It was a cell, and she was perched up upon the far wall. "Wh-where am I?! Why did you take me here?!" She demanded.

The man grabbed her collar and slammed her against the wall. She groaned in pain. "Now you listen here, b****. I don't know who you are, but why were you at the scene when the attack took place?! You're not one of the maids, so who sent you?!"

"N-no one." Azalea gasped. "I don't know! One minute I was in my dorm and suddenly I'm here! There was a flash, and I was reading this book-"

The man suddenly slapped her again. "I suggest you stop lying and cooperate. You were standing at the exact place from where the arrow was shot."

"I really don't know!" She resisted the urge to cry. "I don't know where I am and how I got here. I don't know who you are or what you're even talking about?! What scene? What attack??"

The man slowly released her. The door unlocked and another man, who appeared to be in his mid-fifties, approached the two. "Is she insane?" The man who had been interrogating Azalea questioned out loud.

"Memory loss, perhaps." The man who had just arrived gave Azalea a look of sympathy. "She did sustain a head injury."

"Well then she is of no use to us." The first man pulled out a dagger.

Azalea began to back away with wide eyes. "No, please! I didn't do anything! J-just let me go home! I won't say anything." She sobbed as the man grabbed her arm.

"Corvus!" The second man exclaimed. "Perhaps you should inform Her Majesty."

"Why?" The first man, Corvus, raised an eyebrow in suspicion. "Her Majesty has never had an issue with my handling of prisoners."

"Look at this girl. She can't be more than sixteen. Look at how she is dressed. She may be a noble's daughter!"

It wasn't until then did Azalea glance down. She frowned in confusion. She donned a baby blue chiffon dress with silk stitched on the collar, sleeves, and waistline.

"Noble's daughter or not, she had no reason to be at the scene. That alone is grounds for a treason accusation."

"Well perhaps we should allow Her Majesty to rule upon this."

"Fine. But you will inform her. I will not risk my job for this peasant!" Corvus spat angrily and proceeded to storm out of the cell after giving Azalea a hard kick.

She whimpered. The second man knelt down to look at her. She shrunk away upon instinct. "Look at me." She warily met his eyes. He watched her curiously. "Were you involved in the attack? Corvus isn't here. You can talk."

"Wh-what attack?"

The second man sighed. "What do you remember?"

"Who are you?"