Chapter One - The Book from Nowhere

Feeding your curiosity is not necessary a bad thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Aza! You said you'd help me pick a dress for tonight." Taylor hollered at her friend, Azalea, who currently, like always, had her nose buried in a book. Azalea lazily lifted her head off of her arms and glanced at Taylor for a moment.

"The first one. Or the second."

Taylor placed her hands on her hips and narrowed her eyes at her friend. "So the blue or the green?"

"The green." Azalea stated dismissively, returning her focus to her latest choice of reading material.

"That was the third." Taylor stated in obvious annoyance.

Azalea sighed and closed her book, finally directing her attention to her redheaded friend. "I'm sorry, Tay, you know parties aren't my thing."

"Well you should do something. At this rate you'll graduate with your virginity still intact!" Taylor sounded horrified.

"Taylor!" The blonde girl exclaimed in disgust before sighing. "I'm not even technically a virgin. The first time I did my yearly physical, the doctor told me that I had probably tore it from exercise or something cause it wasn't there."

Taylor barked out a laugh. "What exercise? Reading while pacing around the library? You hate physical stuff."

Azalea shrugged. She picked up her book and reopened it. Taylor rolled her eyes, knowing that the conversation was over. "Oh yeah, um so if I pick anyone up from the party..."

The blonde groaned loudly. "Seriously, Tay? You're kicking me out of our room?"

"I'm not kicking you out!" Taylor stated defensively.

"So you want me to stay and listen to you and your boy toy get it on?" Taylor purses her lips and did not respond. Azalea sighed and began to pick up her book and gathered some blankets. "You have fun, okay? I'll be in the library. Just don't you dare do anything that I wouldn't do on my bed."

Taylor squealed and hugged her friend. "You're the best, Aza!"

"Call me if you need anything." Azalea turned and left the room.

She sighed in mild irritation as she made her way to the library. As much as she loved the library and viewed it as her second home, this would the third time this month that Taylor would bring a random boy into their dorm. She entered the library to immediately be greeted by the elderly librarian with a smile.

"Azalea! Staying the night?" She gestured at the blanket tucked under the girl's arm.

"Hi Ms. Rosen, yes I am."

The woman frowned. "I presume Miss White is having another one of her...partners over." Azalea sighed and nodded, walking over to one of the private reading rooms and laying her blanket down. "You know you can file a complaint to the dean."

Azalea's eyes widened slightly. "No, that's not necessary, Ms. Rosen. Taylor can be...a pain in the backside but she's my friend."

The librarian sighed. "Well let me know if you need anything." She walked away from the young girl.

Azalea immediately walked over to the bean bag chairs in the reading area and placed her blanket down before walking over to the shelves to pick a book. Azalea wandered to the fantasy section. She had always adored the mystical and magical stories within her childhood fairy tales. As she got older, she was entranced by books such as the Harry Potter series, the Chronicles of Narnia, and the Percy Jackson series. Oh how she envied the characters and their worlds!