I hate you【one】| kate (tanner hall)

Start from the beginning

"No slowing down! This is perfect, ladies, keep it up!" our teacher said, only making Kate laugh louder.

"You heard the man," she said, beginning to twirl me around.

I had no choice but to follow as she pulled me close to her again, moving around in circles along with everyone else.

"You're enjoying this way too much," I said, trying to sound annoyed, but the smile on my face said otherwise.

"That I am," she said in agreement. "Am I right to assume you're enjoying this, too?"

I tried to glare at her, but she was smiling beautifully at me, all of her attention stuck on me as she kept a strong hold on my waist and danced us around the gym like idiots.

"I hate you."

She laughed, shaking her head. "No you don't."

I suppressed my smile, meeting her hazel eyes.

No, I don't.

***

I was writing down notes from the book we were studying in class, still listening to Mr. Middlewood as he spoke, when I heard my name being mentioned.

"Kate, is there something particularly interesting about Y/N that you would rather stare at her than listen to me teach?"

I widened my eyes and looked up as the class snickered quietly. I saw Mr. Middlewood looking pissed as he stared down at Kate, who was sat beside me in the front row. I followed his glare and felt my face growing warm when I saw Kate staring at me with a playful smile on her lips.

"Can you blame me? She's quite the distraction," Kate responded confidently, making me look down at my book with embarrassment.

"Eyes on me please, Kate," Mr. Middlewood said sternly.

I saw Kate look back to him with a mischievous glint in her eyes, her full attention on him now.

"If you wanted me all to yourself, Mr. Middlewood, you could have just said so," she said innocently.

I pursed my lips to hold in my laughter, as the rest of the class laughed at Mr. Middlewood's awkward expression. He avoided Kate's eyes and cleared his throat.

"Just pay attention, Kate," he mumbled, before walking to the other end of the class. "As I was saying..."

Kate leaned back into her seat with satisfaction as Mr. Middlewood continued to teach. She glanced my way, winking at me, making me look away shyly. She always did that. Flirted with me, made every effort to make me feel embarrassed and flustered. It wasn't fair.

After class ended, I was trying to head to my room when of course, Kate followed closely behind and jumped in front of me before I could go further.

"Hey," she said breathlessly, a smile on her face. "You walk fast."

I raised an eyebrow. "I wasn't expecting someone to follow."

She chuckled. "Yeah, well, what can I say? I missed your face."

"You literally saw me a few minutes ago," I pointed out, hoping it would distract from my probably-red cheeks.

She grinned knowingly, her eyes meeting mine as if to let me know she noticed. Thankfully, she chose not to comment on it, instead opting to lean against wall beside us as she smirked at me.

"What can I say? It's a pretty face."

I sighed, shaking my head as I couldn't think what to say. This seemed to make her laugh, and she stood up straight again, watching as a pair of girls walked past us before leaving us alone in the hall again.