crazy australian | alycia debnam-carey

SUMMARY: from a prompt I found on be-au-ties tumblr page! "I'm the one who brings mail to your neighborhood, and every day you ask me if the item you ordered online has arrived, and I can't take the dejected look you make every time it happens, so I'm buying you the thing myself'".

WARNING/S: none.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: another Alycia imagine bc who doesn't love this cute Australian?

"This is a lovely area," I voiced my opinion aloud as the van rolled into a picturesque neighbourhood

"Yeah, the people here are nice," Andy, my supervisor, said as he parked the car on the pavement. "There's this one man, though, and he hates when you play with his dogs. So watch out for him. Number eight, I think."

I chuckled and nodded my head. The two of us got out the van and headed to the back to get the mail for this neighbourhood. I was an apprentice at my post office, for the past week now, and Andy had been my supervisor since the start. He was teaching me the reigns of delivering mail, which was actually a lot tougher than you'd think, and we'd been assigned a new street to deliver mail to.

Yeah, I know, you're probably thinking, what's a 21-year-old doing delivering mail? Well, I'd taken a gap year out of university to decide what I actually want to do with my life and my dad practically forced me to take up a part time job. As a post woman. Something about "having the connections", I don't know, but here I was. It wasn't all that bad to be honest.

"Right, you take the odds, I got the evens," Andy said as he was filling up a bag with the right post for the odd numbers of the street. "I'll take crazy dog guy because I'm so nice."

He added an eye roll which made me chuckle. I accepted the bag from him, which was a lot heavier than I anticipated. One thing I'd learnt on this job was damn, people could order a lot of junk.

"Holler if you need help," he said as he shut the van doors.

I shot him a smile before the two of us went our separate ways. It was a warm day today, the sun shining down and making all the houses on the street look like something out of a story book. A few people were out, probably waiting for mail, and some were checking their front gardens and tending to it accordingly. So, the usual.

I delivered the first few rounds successfully, and by that I mean there were no annoying people complaining about things that were out of my hands. I hated those people. And it was way too early for that shit.

Anyway, I was almost done with this street when I found myself walking towards number eleven. I pulled a handful of letters from the few that were left in my bag and double checked to see this was the right address. Someone called Alycia lived here.