[60] - Whiskey Peak Arc ~ 3

Start from the beginning

Mr. 5 begins to pick his nose, for some reason, still bearing a straight-faced expression. "If you think you can escape from us , you're mistaken."

Vivi pulls out two more of her Peacock Slashers from her top. "Let's see if you can take me!" She growls, spinning the jeweled blade with angry vigor.

The royal Nefetari readies to go on the offensive but is cut off by a silver bat blocking her path, taking her by surprise. She looks up to see it's none other than Mr. 9.

"This whole Princess thing is pretty confusing, but we've been fighting together for a long time, so get going!" He presses. He looks over his shoulder, giving her a comforting smirk. "I'm going to buy you some time for a head start."

"Thank you, Mr. 9."

'Huh, so I guess there is such a thing as honor among thieves.' I chuckle mentally. 'Maybe such people can form genuine bonds with one another.'

"Pretty manly of me, don't you think? Bye-bye, baby!" Before he can second guess himself and chicken out, the kingly-dressed red-head backflips into the fray. "I HOPE YOU'RE PREPARED FOR THIS!"

Unconcerned by the Baroque Work agent speedily backflipping right at him, Mr. 5 removes a noticeable-sized booger from his nostril. To which I mentally cringe at.

"All that is asked of us as agents is to do our jobs and to do them well. Forming such pathetic friendships is for the weak. it's time that you learned that. My Nose Fancy..."

"Bloody Bat...!"

"...Cannon!"

As 9 reaches 5, the latter flicks the ball of mucus he's been rolling between his thumb and forefinger before giving it a flick right at the lower level agent. When making contact, a sense of déjà vu occurs, strikingly similar to what occurred with Igaram. The snot ball is equivalent to a small bomb as it makes contact with Mr. 9's incoming form, leaving him to be sent flying with a trail of smoke following, splashing down into the town's canal.

Princess Vivi can only gape in horror as she witnesses her former partner be blown away by such an insignificant thing of gross origin. "Oh, no! Mr. 9!"

From within a nearby alley, Zoro and Ghin watch the fight with disbelief.

"I knew I was gonna see some strange stuff here on the Grand Line, but explosive snot? Even that's something I did not count on witnessing." Ghin eyes the event in subtle shock.

"Tell me about it. "Zoro agrees. "Did that really just come out of his nose?"

"I'll admit, this is a new one for me too." I add.

"What do you think? Devil Fruit user?" Ghin theorizes.

"Quite possibly." Our discussion is inexplicably cut off when something grabs ahold of my ankle. I look down to see it's the injured Igaram.

With pleading eyes and a bloodied face, he looks at me through the shadowed gaze of my hooded cloak.

"Hey! What are you doing?!" Zoro demands.

"Take your hands off her!" Ghin reaches for his tonfas.

I hold my hands out, stopping them from attacking the injured man. I kneel down to hear the man's pleas.

"Siren, please! I have a most unreasonable request, but I need someone with strength such as yours!"

"Yeah, right! You gotta be kidding! Would you let go of her!" Zoro growls. I respond by silently holding a hand up to quiet him. He begrudgingly agrees and I continue to hear the Alabasta Captain of the Guard out.