how we came to terms with everything

i opened the door to the dance studio, my head was pounding and last nights memories were repeating in my head

"hyunjin show us the dance." some underclassmen asked.

i threw my bag on the ground and nodded. i began showing them the moves, step by step. making sure to explain every step and what way to move after. they paid attention intensely, looking as if they absorbed all the information given to them.

"are you sleepy jinjin?" one asked.

"a bit." i laughed.

"you're still dancing really well though!" another one piped in.

i offered a lazy smile, "thank you."

"try the dance guys." i commented and they all got into position. i watched their movements and moved one of them that was too far and then began shouting "5, 6, 7, 8."

they followed the movements and i went around fixing feet or moving arms. dancing with them to remind them where to go.

they listened intently and i heard, "yes mr. hwang!"

i blinked out of my trance and turned to the voice shouting after me. it was priyanka and vanya, they still had their duffles slung over their shoulders and were watching me with big smiles.

i laughed and they walked over to me, hugging me tightly.

"where's your other half?" they asked when they let go.

i looked around, most people were here now but he wasn't.

that's weird, i commented.

"not sure to be completely honest with you." i said realistically.

"hmmm, that's weird." priyanka commented.

"are they getting the dance?" vanya said after.

"yeah, i was just moving them and fixing their placement. come on guys, show them." i nodded in encouragement.

priyanka and vanya walked in front of the group and began counting down and snapping. the group got in position and began moving to the rhythm. they got the dance down pack for the first time and cheered and grabbed each other after.

vanya and priyanka screamed as well and congratulated them. they smiled and came to me, tugging on me and thanking me after. i laughed in appreciation.

after our hug, the class had started and groups began doing their dances.

seungmin still hadn't arrived. multiple dances had been done and he still wasn't here.

priyanka, vanya and seungmin's dance was approaching and priyanka and vanya were getting in position. their dance was strongly revolves around each other and it would be tough to do without him there.